Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default After reading . . .

so many posts today, I have decided that I personally will NOT head up a 2014 swap as has been done in the past.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: After reading . . .

so sad to hear this....
    Kellie

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Sad to hear that. You and Blondie did a great job for 2013. Thank you both for all your hard work. It was so much fun.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

That breaks my heart. I hope my input had nothing to do with your decision. It kinda pi$$es me off too. Because had it not been for those that DIDN'T follow through, it would be a no brainer. So just want to say thanks to the 2 individuals that managed to ruin it for everyone. Because when all is said and done there is NO reason for that to have happened. 3 months knowing who your partner was, and almost 2 months to have mailed it. I hope you are happy with what you received. Because it is more than evident that you didn't even try.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gen...il-lisapc.html

This explains one of them.....I don't know who the other one was but there is probably just as good an explaination for that one too!

I have been lumped in with you and it is not fair Marilyn......
    ~Kathy~

6. Thanks Slokarma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I read so many positive things about the swap. You all are awesome folks.

While I do not do them because I am not comfortable committing, I love to read about them.

Dont let a few ruin it for the rest. Those unhappy will get over it. We probably all need to ignore some of those comments (me included).

I am hoping you will reconsider
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't use any names, but since you did. That isn't a reason, that is an excuse. She even edited the post and took a bunch of stuff out. I was sick...my lupus flairs...I have things go wrong in my life all the time, I watch my grand kids 60 hrs a week, and I managed to get mine done and mailed. Not to mention this isn't the first time this has happened. What was the excuse that time? Guilt is guilt and that all it is. Trying to cover her a$$. Sorry not buying it, and I'm not the only one. Lumped in with me? I don't think so. You have no idea what you are talking about as usual. You weren't in the swap so it isn't any of your business.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkthomas View Post
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gen...il-lisapc.html

This explains one of them.....I don't know who the other one was but there is probably just as good an explaination for that one too!

I have been lumped in with you and it is not fair Marilyn......so why do you never learn to just shut up!!!!!
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I am very sorry to hear this, Sandy. I was unable to join in 2012 (too new a member) but signed right up for 2013 and had the time of my life. My SS ran into some difficulties, but although my package arrived later than others it was received with wonder and delight! And thanks to Sandy and Blondie, I was kept up to date on the status. I am sorry that a couple of unfortunate occurrences may have possibly ruined a good time for everyone, it makes me very sad...there must be a solution...I am sure I am not the only one searching for an answer here...
    Quilts may come, and quilts may go, but the stitches stay the same.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I feel it necessary to say this again.........I originally posted this on the secret pal group category a few days ago......

Let's please not turn this into a negative thread..........even with a few problems it has still been a fun swap! There are so many forum friends dealing with a lot bigger problems than this. Let's start the New Year on a positive note.

I feel the need to comment on this subject because I am one of the two members that did not get a box from the person who had my name. In a group that size (about 60 people) it is bound to happen now and then.....and I am completely okay with this. I don't know what happened to my swap partner but I hope that she & her family are okay..........I also sincerely hope that the other forum friend is okay. The other member who did not get a box also expressed concern for swap partner......and hoped that she and her family were okay.

Cathy, Cil & Sandy all stepped up and sent me very nice packages..........and I know that several packages were sent to the other member who did not receive a box.....for that we were both very appreciative. Even if I would not have received those gifts.......It Was Still A Fun Swap!! There is always someone willing to step up and help when needed.

The only few that seem to be unhappy about the outcome of the Secret Pal Swap for 2013 are people that it did not even happen to. You are "beating a dead horse". It's time to move forward. If the two of us that did not get our original swap box are happy and have moved on.......then it's time for the few that are still complaining about it to do the same.

I can not express how sad and bewildered & nauseated I am that this is still being brought up. As I have said before.....there are bigger problems than this going on. We have a dear forum friend that just recently lost her husband...........there are others that have lost loved ones in the last few months. There are forum friends that are dealing with physical pain & illnesses every day & continue to stay positive. There are those worried about jobs.......there are forum friends who are worried about health issues and need our prayers. There are mothers & grandmothers here that are worried about children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews. And there are sweet forum friends that have left this forum during the year because of the negativity and complaining about things that........in reality just don't matter that much.

If we have a Christmas swap it will be fun.........if we don't I'll still have fun too. I will enjoy my Christmas & my forum friends....new & old...either way.

For those forum friends going through difficult times....please know that you are in my prayers as always.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

11. Thanks Sher101 thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Pam, those were my thoughts precisely. When my package was late, I reminded myself of my intention for doing the swap to begin with, it wasn't for what I was going to "get" but what I was going to be able to "give" (and learn in the process!). Let's all let go of the negativity, be thankful for what and who we have, and remember our family and forum friends that are having difficulties that far out shadow this...
    Quilts may come, and quilts may go, but the stitches stay the same.