Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: After reading . . .

I'm not sure what has changed since Sandy posted the thread for the 2014 swap. I joined the 2012 swap headed by Blondie, and 2013 headed by Blondie and Sandy. Both swaps made my Christmas. Thank you ladies for your hard work, I appreciate it. I thought it was a simple matter of decided what type of swap, not if we would have one. Not sure what happened or who was involved, but whoever it is, shame on you. These swaps are a lot of work. They bring much fun and joy. My goodness people, if we can't even do something as joy based as this without some type of squabble, then what is the point of even having a forum. This makes me very sad.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Pam. For the others stirring the pot, try not to sling too much mud, it will only come back and hit you in the face.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear this but I understand.

For 2013 I was SS for Lenie from Luxembourg. So fun. BUT my SS was Michele the Grand Dutchy of Luxembourg. Now don't tell me that wasn't a set up!

My dd was like what do you have to make this month? I will miss it.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    so many posts today, I have decided that I personally will NOT head up a 2014 swap as has been done in the past.
    What!! What happened?? I was so looking forward to it!! Please tell me you will!!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

OMG! Is this antagonism going on yet again?? I just don't get it! Am I that dense? Why do I not read everyone's upsetedness about children going hungry, bombings in this country or that, terrorism, etc., etc., etc.??? Seriously - voluntary Christmas gifts?! I know that I wasn't ASKED to join this forum, but I can certainly NOT participate again!! This is the most ridiculously childish behavior I've "witnessed" in a very, very long time (except for the blowup the time before this)! I will, however, continue to pray for all the members and their families, that are in need of spiritual healing. To the rest of the forum - GROW UP!!!
    Linda

6. Thanks Fabriclovr thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy, I'm sorry to hear that your not going to do a swap but it is understandable. Thank you for all you do for everybody you are a special person and I appreciate all you do.
    Blessings to you and your family.
    Jewel

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    I didn't use any names, but since you did. That isn't a reason, that is an excuse. She even edited the post and took a bunch of stuff out. I was sick...my lupus flairs...I have things go wrong in my life all the time, I watch my grand kids 60 hrs a week, and I managed to get mine done and mailed. Not to mention this isn't the first time this has happened. What was the excuse that time? Guilt is guilt and that all it is. Trying to cover her a$$. Sorry not buying it, and I'm not the only one. Lumped in with me? I don't think so. You have no idea what you are talking about as usual. You weren't in the swap so it isn't any of your business.
    Ugh...I hope I don't get into trouble for this, but in Lisa's defense, I know she had good intenstions. We spoke in early November about the swap. Had exchanged some ideas even. She had nearly everything ready to be mailed off. She has had a very hard year this year, as I know that you have as well, Marilyn. She did mail out her package, but there was a mistake. Everyone has different situations.

I hate fighting and arguing. I don't like to get involved. It just seems like some people can't seam to give one another a break. I am respectfully asking you to please cut her some slack.
    Last edited by Sew Perfect; January 12th, 2014 at 02:09 AM.
    MISA
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy, I am sorry this has happened. I had a good time during this swap as many did. You and Blo die did a wonderful job all of last year. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you and wish you would reconsider. You are such a special person and good leader.
    MISA

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    I feel it necessary to say this again.........I originally posted this on the secret pal group category a few days ago......

Let's please not turn this into a negative thread..........even with a few problems it has still been a fun swap! There are so many forum friends dealing with a lot bigger problems than this. Let's start the New Year on a positive note.

I feel the need to comment on this subject because I am one of the two members that did not get a box from the person who had my name. In a group that size (about 60 people) it is bound to happen now and then.....and I am completely okay with this. I don't know what happened to my swap partner but I hope that she & her family are okay..........I also sincerely hope that the other forum friend is okay. The other member who did not get a box also expressed concern for swap partner......and hoped that she and her family were okay.

Cathy, Cil & Sandy all stepped up and sent me very nice packages..........and I know that several packages were sent to the other member who did not receive a box.....for that we were both very appreciative. Even if I would not have received those gifts.......It Was Still A Fun Swap!! There is always someone willing to step up and help when needed.

The only few that seem to be unhappy about the outcome of the Secret Pal Swap for 2013 are people that it did not even happen to. You are "beating a dead horse". It's time to move forward. If the two of us that did not get our original swap box are happy and have moved on.......then it's time for the few that are still complaining about it to do the same.

I can not express how sad and bewildered & nauseated I am that this is still being brought up. As I have said before.....there are bigger problems than this going on. We have a dear forum friend that just recently lost her husband...........there are others that have lost loved ones in the last few months. There are forum friends that are dealing with physical pain & illnesses every day & continue to stay positive. There are those worried about jobs.......there are forum friends who are worried about health issues and need our prayers. There are mothers & grandmothers here that are worried about children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews. And there are sweet forum friends that have left this forum during the year because of the negativity and complaining about things that........in reality just don't matter that much.

If we have a Christmas swap it will be fun.........if we don't I'll still have fun too. I will enjoy my Christmas & my forum friends....new & old...either way.

For those forum friends going through difficult times....please know that you are in my prayers as always.
    Pam, you are truley one of the best women I have the pleasure of knowing. Thank you.
    MISA

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I too am sad that we will not be having a swap this year. I want to thank Sandy and Blondie for all of their hard work. I was in the swap in 2012 and 2013 and had so much fun both times. I know that the two of you put many hours of thought and work into these swaps and I want you to know that it was appreciated. With that said, I had a feeling this was going to happen..just a hunch I guess, and, as sad as it is, I totally understand you not wanting to do it for another year.