Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ever have this happen to you?

So I haven't really sewn anything in a while.Made a coffee maker rug ,mug runner and coasters to match the other night but that has been it in a very long time. Today I was making something for a new friend I have made here on the forum when my needle came out of my machine! Brother pacesetter pc 8500D. Embroidery machine.
    Well I then realized the shaft that the screw that holes the needle in has completely broke off! I took it apart but can't remove the actual needle holder part.No screw or anything holding it onto the metal shaft that goes up and down. Surely I could order the part from brother and replace it myself don't you think??? I really don't have the money to have it looked at at the LQS.

Has anybody ever had this problem? I was shocked when it fell apart in my hand. It is not a new machine but it is a very good one. I pulled out a back up machine and finished my project but I am so dissapointed right now.
    Thanks for listening.
    Rhonda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ever have this happen to you?

Thats crappy. I would be so irratated. I think it would be great if you could just order the part. Makes life simplier. Let us know if you can, that would be good info to have
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried calling the company to see if there's something that you could do? Maybe they'll have a easy solution
    Jewel

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

That's terrible. I don't know why you couldn't order the part and fix it yourself if you feel you could do it. ((((Rhonda))))
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    That's terrible. I don't know why you couldn't order the part and fix it yourself if you feel you could do it. ((((Rhonda))))
    I'm sure I could fix it myself I just gotta dig my book out and find out what this part is called.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Did you say the screw broke? Are you sure all the pieces of it are out? If you can find out the screw size, you may be able to go to a box store and just buy a pack of screws there.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

http://partsbooks.sewingmachine.com/.../PM_PC8500.pdf

I was curious about your problem and was wondering how often DOES a shaft break and I ran into this parts book. It might help you in your quest to order the part. I don't know if that is one of those pieces that has to be adjusted, but if you can just take it out without moving anything else…….who knows, it might just work!

8. Thanks miget123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hope once you know what the part is called that you can find a replacement! Good thing you have a backup machine!
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=bubba;450010]Did you say the screw broke? Are you sure all the pieces of it are out? If you can find out the screw size, you may be able to go to a box store and just buy a pack of screws there.[/QUOTE

No its not the screw its the shaft that the screw screws into. It is metal and it is broke. Actually fell off in my hand when I touched it. The screw is in tact.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slokarma View Post
    http://partsbooks.sewingmachine.com/.../PM_PC8500.pdf

I was curious about your problem and was wondering how often DOES a shaft break and I ran into this parts book. It might help you in your quest to order the part. I don't know if that is one of those pieces that has to be adjusted, but if you can just take it out without moving anything else…….who knows, it might just work!
    Thanks! I'm gonna check this out right now............