Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday is here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 do.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	65211

Happy Friday Folksies!

It is going to be just another wonderful day here in North Carolina. The deep freezer we were in seems to have passed, the temps seem about normal for now. Since the folks on television seem more intent on entertaining rather giving the news and weather, I may need to just get all my info from the net. Especially since yesterday all we heard was freezing rain in the wee hours, with slick roads before the sunrise. Thank Goodness! I would rather not have icy roads. hmmm, who really knows what time it is? Or what the weather will be? Since it isn't me, I will roll with what is handled out.

Any big plans for the week end or are you still recovering from last week's celebrations?

Thinking of our Sandy G in Cincinnati this morning and also our May on her trip. My thoughts and prayers are with both.

Have a wonderful weekend folksies! If you can't think of anything to smile about, just think of me trying to keep Gracie from licking my big toe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a3103e57150281c80492348400f79aa0.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	65212
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Friday is here

Good morning !! Yes mam it's Friday and I do love me some Fridays! LOL

I don't have a whole lot planned other than the usual house things, maybe some quilting and bustin out my new (and very first) sewing machine and playin around. No matter what I do, it will be the weekend and I'm just fine with that.

Have a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Emma, a new toy that brings joy is a good thing. Enjoy!
    Sewing mends the soul.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning, Sunshine! Getting my first cuppa and catching up with everyone here. Gosh we have a big family.

Just trying to finish a FMQ project so I can cross off another UFO. And working on putting Orphan Blocks together. It's a great Friday and the snow should start melting soon. We still have about 8 inches to get rid of. Roads are not very good yet, but we are getting to that Melt away with Spring just around the corner.

Hope your toe is improving... Think of you every time I stand up and head to the pantry..

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, all!

Yesterday I became a stripper -wallpaper, that is Oy vey, every wall in this house has 80's wall paper, well, except the 80's paneling in the family room and one bedroom. I had my handyman come out and look over the minor remodel in the laundry room and my quilting room and he said he could finish it this weekend - YAY!! SO much to do, I'm very thankful this house was in pretty good condition, mostly needs cosmetic fixes.

Prayers for all who need them today, especially Sandy as one phase of her life comes to a close and a new one begins. (((HUGS))).

Have a Blessed Day!
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy that you are in the new place and working away at the projects. Good luck and take lots of pictures of the before and afters for future "See what i did, I can do anything" moments.

Blessings to you!

Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post
    Good Morning, all!

Yesterday I became a stripper -wallpaper, that is Oy vey, every wall in this house has 80's wall paper, well, except the 80's paneling in the family room and one bedroom. I had my handyman come out and look over the minor remodel in the laundry room and my quilting room and he said he could finish it this weekend - YAY!! SO much to do, I'm very thankful this house was in pretty good condition, mostly needs cosmetic fixes.

Prayers for all who need them today, especially Sandy as one phase of her life comes to a close and a new one begins. (((HUGS))).

Have a Blessed Day!
    Sewing mends the soul.

~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Icy roads in our little neck of the woods today. I have an appt for a hearing aid adjustment (tired of saying "huh?") at 9am, might have to cancel or at least see if I can come later. The schools are either closed or on 2 hour delay, so I'll take my cue from them.

I've had Sandy on my mind too. Sending hugs and prayers her way today.

Made 3 cute little click bags yesterday - and have already gifted one. Some friends gave me a ride last night and I gave her one filled with candy,,,she loved it.

DH is off today so I think we're gonna get some more cleaning out done. If DS and DIL don't buy this place, we have to clean out 32 years worth of "stuff" before we can even think about listing it to show. I'm praying that things work out with DS and DIL.

Happy Friday everyone

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Yes I am up this early. Coffee pot is just about done with making my first pot of the day. Can't wait! Gator is contently snoring beside me. It is a good morning.

My thoughts and prayers are with Sandy G.

It is great to wake up and have the temperature at 32 knowing it is going to getting warmer. It may even be in the 40s today. This weekend will be to finish up cleaning the back room and helping get all the gun show things around. It has been a long time since DH has been to a gun show so things are every where! Plus I need to get the laundry done over the course of the week once the temps are close to 50, which they will be this coming week. Yippee Skippy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Hugs and prayers to all.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning dear friends. My goodness the week just flew by and I really did not get a whole accomplished. I did start a fitness class last night. Bellyfit is what it is called. Not bad. I can't most classes because I have a bad knee. This one seemed manageable. I will be starting to get packed for my retreat on Monday. I already have one project packed, that is the square in a square tutorial that I will be doing. I need to bring a few more in case I get bored or something. I am really looking forward this this little mini vacation.

Today hubby and I are going to take down my mother-in-law's Christmas lights. Other than that, I don't know what this day will bring. Temperatures are starting to rise and will be in the single digits for at least a week. That is good, getting tired of being in a deep freeze.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Thoughts and prayers for Sandy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all. Hope your toe is on the mend Blondie. My thoughts are with Sandy G this morning. Its SNOWING
    again here...sigh. Will have to see what it looks like when it gets light to decide if I am going in to work or staying home. I am so ready for spring.
    Customers were nasty yesterday. One burped in my managers face and then just said I'm pregnant as an excuse... I got the one that blows her nose in a tissue and leaves it on my counter... so glad I have disinfectant wipes with me always at work this time of year. We have touch screens and so many are sick I take the precaution and wipe all equipment down when I work.
    Sending out an envelope with a couple of quilts for Sue's group today. Got another done for Marilyn's group thats 3 so far!!
    Got a load of laundry in that will hang inside on hangers.
    Stay safe, Stay warm, smile
    hugs to all that need and want them.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud