Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday - it's gonna be a great day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aa6da227d1a8f1eb16816535a3c3bc38.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	65149

Happy Thursday Folksies!

My Luscious One carried me up The Hill yesterday evening to spend a few glorious nights in my own lumpy bed. He gave me strict orders to not worry about the dust bunnies, etc. At least the sheets were clean. Sis is staying with Mom last night and hopefully the next few nights. We are trying to work out a schedule/routine so that we don't get burnt out. Ooops. Almost too late for that one. Since last night was the first night in over a month that we had both been home together, poor little Gracie didn't know how to act. She laid in my lap, unusually docile and never moved. Poor little Gracie. She is used to me coming over a few times a day to let her out and give her a pat ~ but to stay the night? With the Daddy? No way! Luscious said that perhaps she thinks if she doesn't act like the pagan heathen she normally does, that we will stay home more often. LOL. My kitty Dinah, being, well ~ a cat, said to me, It's about time, Bozo. Worship me for the cat that I am.

I will not be working this week but I am hopeful that I will be back on my feet to work some next week. One of my cousins got me connected to WIFI down at Mom's. I am not sure how he managed that but perhaps he hitched off of my brothers or his own. As long as I can get online down there I will be happy.

Hugs all around for each of you who are experiencing grief, sadness, holiday letdown ~ whatever sort of mental attacks that come our way. Stand firmly in your choice to make a better way for yourself regardless of your circumstance. After all, I don't know of anyone who has had someone come up to them and say, Come on, let me change everything for you. I will make sure you don't get hurt, feel wonderful everyday and oh yes, you will never have to think about anything to smile about - you will wake up with one. Nope. We know it doesn't work that way. If'n it did, I would be handing out magic wands to any and everyone. So, today I will choose to see the good in winter and in particular this day.

Name:	60029fd9f7deebf6f146cd4ec7fea705.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	65150
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday - it's gonna be a great day

Good morning Blondie. What a lucky gal you are, but then you already know that, don't you.

I was trying to think of what I did yesterday. I did have my mammogram and all is good. I tried to nap in the afternoon but ended up watching a movie. Hubby went to work, I tried to quilt but my heart wasn't really into it. I looked at the quilt and I really don't like it. It was supposed to be for my brother but I may have to rethink that.

I don't have specific plans for today. A little of this and a little of that. I am finding it hard to get into the groove that I have been out of for so long.

Blondie, I am like you in a lot of ways and always try to find the good in people or the day. I had customers come to the post office and grumble about the cold weather or something and my response was always 'it could be worse'. And they always went away with a 'have a great day'.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie, I LOVE Gene Wilder! And what he says is so true! Glad for you that you got to spend time at home, but I'm sorry it is because you are injured.

We are experiencing yet another round of snow, which has resulted in a 4th snow day for the grandkids. I had them one of the days, probably will have them today. This lousy weather can quit anytime now. No, just got a text that Mom will have them today. It's been a mess here lately.

Thinking of Sandy today, and all with cares, woes, pains, joys, happy times! Have a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning ladies, I'm waiting for coffee to brew and then finish packing. Have to find a way to hide my purse in my carry on suitcase or tote so I won't have any problem at check-in at the airport.

Miss Blondie you really did a number on that toe of yours, resting it is the only thing you can do so please do it.

Keeping this short as I have to turn off the computer. Wish I had followed through and got a notebook or something so I could have something to keep me busy while on the plane. I hate to fly and try to keep myself busy so I don't think about it. I think our flight home will be our last flight, much too uncomfortable sitting on the plane even when we get the extra leg room seats in coach. Our first born granddaughter is getting married and that's what is most important to me today. Later, May
    Last edited by MayinJerset; January 9th, 2014 at 08:30 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! Blondie, the Lord works in mysterious ways and maybe his way of slowing you down for a little bit was to drop that big old can on your toe! You wouldn't slow down on your own, so he made you! Anyway, hope it is feeling better and you get some much needed rest.

I'm off to work on the house again today. So much to do, and I can't find the starting place! Everything I want/need to do, there is something else that needs to be done first. I need to get another estimate on the A/C duct repairs.

Monique - glad everything is okay. I need to do that, too.

May - have a great trip!

Hope everyone is starting to thaw out. Have a Blessed day!
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Long time no post but I am here everyday reading the goings on of all of my quilting buddies. We are on a 2 hour school delay this morning due to the weather. I was sitting in my car fixin to back out of the driveway when the bus driver called and let me know.Thank god I didn't leave early like I had planned. Ice sleet snow. Why don't they just call school off??? Oh well I get to have a cuppa coffee for a change. I usually wait til I get off the bus at 8 so all is good.
    My prayers go out to all in need this day and others to come. I feel so bad for Sandy this morning but working in a nursing home for so many years I have come to realize there are so many things worse than dying. For all the suffering I have seen I find it easier to let the ones we love go knowing they are in a better place without pain and misery. Remember the good times. And know we will all meet again!
    I'll be lurking peeps!!!
    Hugs from Ky
    Rhonda

7. Thanks Cathy F thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning...

More snow last night...just enough to make the roads hazardous. This week-end it is supposed to be in the 40's here.....t-shirt & sandal weather LOL

I pulled out the quilt I was making for my sister yesterday...this one is probably going to have a lot of tears stitched in. I am going to give it to my niece in memory of her mom.

Well I need to get busy since I was gone from work for so long...a lot of catching up to do.

Saying a special prayer for Sandy, this morning. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. My thoughts and prayers go out to Sandy and anyone else going through difficult times today. It's going to be a decent day weather-wise today...at least most of the day...and I'm not complaining. I made a big pot of chili yesterday so there's no need for cooking today. I've got Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil reruns on TV so I can get all kinds of health advice and analysis today.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie,
    What a way to met a new friend, upstairs in bed with a broken toe, if I got that right. I'm new and wanted to look around for some wonderful gals and I read your thread: it's gonna be a great day, and it is, but the toe. So, you are all connected and that is good and it sounds like you have plenty of company, so take care girl. And remember, sewing can be done from the seated position.. LOL
    Blessings and enjoy, Ruthymae

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	m_christmaswelcome1-1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	65155

Thanks Ruthymae and it is nice to meet you as well. Welcome to the nicest place for quilters on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthymae View Post
    Blondie,
    What a way to met a new friend, upstairs in bed with a broken toe, if I got that right. I'm new and wanted to look around for some wonderful gals and I read your thread: it's gonna be a great day, and it is, but the toe. So, you are all connected and that is good and it sounds like you have plenty of company, so take care girl. And remember, sewing can be done from the seated position.. LOL
    Blessings and enjoy, Ruthymae
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle