Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: snow excited!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default snow excited!

Yes, I am excited about snow! Spent the entire day today sewing while the blizzard swirled outside. And tonight we made the decision and have closed the office tomorrow - only the 2nd time in the 33 years I have worked there, and believe me this is a big deal. So, tomorrow is another SEW day! Yes, right now I like this snow.......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: snow excited!

Enjoy your "Sew" day!
    Miss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

I get another kid free sew day too. The snow is beautiful isn't it? I love looking at it through the windows, but not so much up close and personal. Living in the country has it's perks when it snows. The view out my kitchen window is amazing.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Marilyn, my home in the country was magical in the snow--how I miss that!

My daughter's car got stuck at her work, she had to be rescued, and now I am not sure what they are going to do tomorrow. I'm supposed to take the kids because they are off school, not sure how two adults and two kids are going to get to where they need to be with one car. Of course, I'm finding all this out through Facebook, no phone call. I have to be FB friends with my family to find out what they are doing.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a transplanted Southern California gal and "I DO NOT LIKE SNOW!" DH spent over two hours yesterday shoveling a path for my car to get out of the garage and driveway. It was 8" deep. We have a 3 car garage. He's taking my car to work today because it handles better on ice than his pickup. Told him I was not stepping outside today. I have already fallen once this season - luckily no broken bones. What took so long on shoveling was that he had to pick up a load and carry it to the yard and dump it.

Youngest son got invited to a snow in nerd party on Saturday. No telling when he will come home. Packed him a bag of groceries to take and reminded him to take his toothbrush. Imagine that - a snow in nerd party! LOL At least he's not home complaining about not being able to go anywhere - that's my job - LOL!

Everybody enjoy a quilt in day! (Every one that's snowed in of course - those that aren't snowed in - don't bragg!)
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Today will be a quilty day for me, too. I love these days.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Jean Sewing Machine;445903 Of course, I'm finding all this out through Facebook, no phone call. I have to be FB friends with my family to find out what they are doing.[/QUOTE]

Don't ya just love it?! Then, they say "but I told you that." Uh, no, ya just told the rest of the world on FB!
    Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do Facebook, Twitter, nor do I text. I'm old fashioned - I send emails. The most modern thing I do are quilt forums. And I'm getting good at googling.
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Marilyn, my home in the country was magical in the snow--how I miss that!

My daughter's car got stuck at her work, she had to be rescued, and now I am not sure what they are going to do tomorrow. I'm supposed to take the kids because they are off school, not sure how two adults and two kids are going to get to where they need to be with one car. Of course, I'm finding all this out through Facebook, no phone call. I have to be FB friends with my family to find out what they are doing.
    Ahhh Jean, I hear you! The only reason I joined FB was to keep in touch with my kids. Have a safe warm day everyone! (-20 actual right now)