Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Morning Jan 4

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Happiness.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	64694

Good morning to all. Hope everyone in the frigid cold areas are keeping warm. Stay safe.

Today I am going to get off my patootie and clean my refrigerator and get my kitchen organized. I have procrastinated long enough. Of course I can't do anything until the big guy wakes up and he didn't even go to sleep until after 5 this morning. So I have a lot of time to sit and drink coffee and play on the internet.

Yesterday I fired up the smoker and smoked a rack of ribs....Oh man were they good, and leftovers for today!!!! Yippee.

Smile and your day will be brighter.

Hugs and prayers to all.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday Morning Jan 4

Good morning! Cold but dry here, windy and sunny... headed off to work in a moment... Hope everyone has a great day!
    ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Brrrr!! I woke up late this morning...guess my week is just catching up with me!! Just trying to down that first cup of coffee and wake up!!

Everyone have a great day!!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Really cold but sunny, the kind of day that would find me wearing my sunglasses outdoors, that is if I'll venture out in this freezing weather.

This really cold weather makes me want to put a pot of soup on. I'm going to try a new non dairy creamy potato soup recipe that will use up leftover dip veggies (celery, carrots, cauliflowers) from last week's party. Want to do up a batch of waffles in DH's new waffle iron, nice to have some in the freezer for a quick breakfast. Speaking of breakfast I spilt half of my first cup of coffee this morning and have to go and get another full cup so I can begin to function this morning. Later, May

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Sunny and cold here. It is 1*. the poor furnace has been working overtime trying to keep up. I am so glad we have those new windows in the kitchen now. The old ones were so drafty and only single pane glass. Boy does it make a difference in the temp in the kitchen.

Got lots on the "to do" list for today. We didn't go anywhere yesterday but the driveway to shovel. Today is grocery shopping day. DH will do that while I do some laundry and work in my sewing room. I want to start a few projects but am determined to get it cleaned up and rearranged before I start pulling fabric back out. I want to get that accomplished this weekend. Then we can work on getting my new tv in there too.

We also need to work on our 2014 budget since it is a few days into the year already and finalize what we did for Christmas. We keep a little journal with what we give to people each year and a tally of what we spend. It helps with not repeating things (or in some cases, yes, repeating things if they want something specific again) .

DH will be cooking dinner tonight so I won't have to do that and I can head back into my sewing room.

Keep warm everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! It's sunny and cold here. I'm off to the grocery today to stock up on "anything I think I might need" per DH's instruction. We've got the edge of that arctic blast coming with snow and he's in high gear severe weather prep mode. Happy Saturday and, if bad weather is coming your way, stay safe!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning. Woke to a gorgeous sunrise - again. They have been spectacular the last several days.

Today is a tea party hosted by Little Rita Anne. She's been begging me so last night we made invitations and place cards together. I have to be out for a while this morning, but when I get back home I'll help her make a batch of 'scratch' cookies. She's intrigued by me calling them that and wants to know how they can be different and where do we find scratch.

Made some wonderful progress sewing yesterday - a special gift is almost done. Have two panels ready to sandwich and quilt for PICU-NICU. Doubt that will be happening today unless I am not called on clean-up after Rita's party.

Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Brrr, my bones are aching! But the sun is out, so I'm happy! I can handle winter if the sun remains shining. Just can't handle gray skies for days on end.

Poor Don had to get up early to report for an early shift, he'll be working outside in this cold. He looked like a dock worker leaving with his beany on. lol Just wished they paid more than minimum wage yet thankful he found this part-time work. Others we know are still looking...like myself. lol

I'm hitting up "paper work" around the house and putting things away that got neglected during the pillowcase drive. I swear that papers are like rabbits, they multiply overnight!!! Luckily the receipts of 2014 are few and will be entered into QuickBooks today, scanned and shredded. Too bad the pile of Oct/Nov/Dec will be looking at me...

Stay warm and be safe if you need to go out. Bring your animals indoors, our crazy neighbors left their cat out last night. I had to make a bed for it with some blankets on the front porch in a corner out of the wind!!! Hate stupid pet owners!!!

Huggers, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea to catch up with 2013 paper work like Ruby and Ginny. I keep a list of the gifts I give at Christmas so I don't repeat them the next year and sometimes remember to add what we received. Grandkids are older and appreciate gift cards and I like to wrap them with a little personal gift for under their tree. With 8 granddaughters and several DILs and a failing memory bank the list keeps me from giving them earrings every year.

PS: Ginny you mentioned something about pushing driveway snow into the street. A Big No No here. Last year DH got frustrated because plow kept coming around and pushed snow into our cleared driveway entrance, no houses across the street but the excess is always plowed our way. Well DH just blew it back out into the street and before he knew it a police car pulled up. Cop sympathized but said keep your snow on your property and I won't have to give you a ticket.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning (I should be sleeping)

Donna I did the fridge and pantry the last couple of days and threw two full bags out. After my dd and her boyfriend moved out I couldn't tell what was what. I just keep 2014 and it felt great!

I have another pin cushion I want to do today for my other dd. Her pkg came back to me so I have a chance to get something else in there. Other than that, just a try to get a couple of chores done day.

Lorie