Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lots of quilts need to be made soon...

My wife and I went home to TN to see family over the Christmas holiday. We were excited to show off the wife's baby bump because my mom hasn't seen it since turkey day and her parents have not seen her in longer than that.

My older brother and his wife had flown in from Seattle and met us at the door with the phrase "Sawyer is going to be a cousin!". I had been awake since 2AM and it took me a second to realize what he meant (Sawyer already has a cousin which belongs to my S-i-L). He and his wife are 10 weeks along with their first so my mom will start 2014 with no grandkids and finish it with at least two (I have a younger brother who just got married, although I doubt they will have a baby immediately). Very exciting!

One evening while hanging out at my mom's house, we had some friends from high school and college over to hplay games. When my brother told one of the couples that they were 10 weeks, the girl immediately replied, "So you are due in July?". We all sort of thought it was weird that she was able to calculate a due date that fast off the top of her head. After exchanging nervous glances with her husband she came clean that she is also 10 weeks along with her first!

Another couple who attended that "game night" just had their first in October and so I got to play with him. I think they thought his puking on me would upset me but I have learned that baby bodily fluids don't phase me at all. I think that will come in handy for me when little man arrives!

So I guess I need to make some more quilts! The couple who brought their baby already got one we made but I know my brother told my mom that "He really wants me to make his baby a quilt but didn't want to ask me". And the girl from the other couple I have long described as "my best guy friend" because she and I have been friends since middle school and she is almost like a sister to me. Her baby is getting a quilt for sure.

I guess it is good that we have room for a baby swing in our quilting room because I think we'll be busy with all these babies on the way. Very exciting times!
    Loosely based on a true story.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lots of quilts need to be made soon...

So exciting - all of your kids will get to grow up together too! My 15 mo old GS is going to be a cousin today or tomorrow. It's his Moms brother's baby. She was due last week and if little Grady doesn't come today, they will induce him tomorrow. I already made his quilt!
    Donna

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

There is absolutely NOTHING on this planet like a precious baby! That miracle is like none other and usually given as a reward to parents who have already been there/done that. They certainly make this senior citizen's life more worth living! While they're still impressionable, they think the sun rises and sets in you; you know everything there is to know; you are reeeeally old; will go to the ends of the earth to protect and defend them! They are truly God's Gift! Amen!
    Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan, how exciting! Baby quilts R U?
    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
    Maya Angelou

~Megan~

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great story! Unlike me......I have no grandchildren, none on the way, don't know anyone with a baby.....yet I keep stacking them up! LOL. But in my defense, I have a son getting married in November, and 2 daughters still in college. So there's hope!
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm waiting for great-grands and from the look of things it's going to be quite a while.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan, you and your friends are going to have so much fun sharing your children. I still get together with 6 of my girlfriends from grade/high school. Our husbands have become great friends as well. We always got together with our kids from baby showers years ago, to weddings now. Tomorrow night we will celebrate New Year's Eve together and no kids are coming. It's a new chapter for all of us. It's a busy day for me today, they are all spending the night tomorrow so I have lots of cleaning, bed changing, shopping and cooking to get done. Cherish your friendships!!!!
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure your local crisis pregnancy center would love to receive a donation of some of your quilts which are stacking up. JCY

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a lot of fun times in your future!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a lot of fun designing and making those quilts. I love doing Baby quilts and will try real hard this year to get a few more then last year to Marilyn's group.. I have a head start with 2 already completed and a 3rd is pieced awaiting sandwiching!!
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud