Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com
  • pdjewelrylady
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2010

Re: What a Thrill! It's Thursday!

you said it Cathy - Thrilling Thursday!!
    Hot Hot Hot here again today! what happened to springtime?? 90 already and its not even noon - sending warm thoughts to all of you northeners!
    Sewbee - have a GREAT time in Paducha! what fun for you girls to hang out all day together! Yipppeeee - post us some pictures cuz you now we love some QEC (quiltyeyecandy!) hahahahaha
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

• Loonwatcher
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2011

Yeah, what did happen to spring? Suzi skipped it and we haven't gotten it yet. Snowing like crazy this morning and just cold now.

Have a great day!
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

• patticakes
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2009

Morning all!
        Busy with 2 year old this am due to his Mom's Dr. appts. He was fine at first but after an hour proceeded to stand at the window and sob for his mother. They are never apart so it's a tough thing. We were under the impression that he was a little under the weather so we did not want to take him outside due to his lungs (he was a preemie and has lung problems) but his father called and said it was okay. He is now out for a walk in the sunshine with Papa and hopefully will be distracted when he returns! Poor little guy!
        In the meantime I am picking up and recharging with a litte QEC (lol Suzi) on the puter!
        Sewbee - wishing I could go to Paducah and meet up with you. Sounds like heaven to me.
        BF and I are in the planning stages to head down to Kansas City, MO sometime next month. His brother got moved from a hospital St. Louis to KC to be nearer to his family as he recuperates. Guess what that means for me????? Oh yeah, only about a 45 minute drive to MSQC! Saving my pennies!!
        Well, back to my blogs,
        Take care!
        Patti
        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

• Sandy Navas
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by patticakes View Post
          BF and I are in the planning stages to head down to Kansas City, MO sometime next month. His brother got moved from a hospital St. Louis to KC to be nearer to his family as he recuperates. Guess what that means for me????? Oh yeah, only about a 45 minute drive to MSQC! Saving my pennies!!
          Patti, promise you will let your MO friends know when you are in KC and headed to MSQC - would LOVE a reunion . . . or a 'union' as the case may be.
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• lindaw724472002
            Prairie Pointer
            • Jan 2011

Love your quote Sandy. I can't seem to find that setting around here Linda

Comment

• patticakes
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
              Patti, promise you will let your MO friends know when you are in KC and headed to MSQC - would LOVE a reunion . . . or a 'union' as the case may be.
              Once we fiqure out when we can go I will let you know! I was hoping I could make a Friday Night Sew In!
              Patti
              "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

• Blondie
                Missouri Star
                • May 2010

Hi Ladies ~ Happy Thursday~
                Sitting down for the first time today; gotta get some dinner going for Luscious Larry soon. I have some pork in the crockpot ready to be pull for BBQ - Will carry some down to Mom's if I can't get her to come up here.

Busy day at work - Holiday weekends are always nutsy. You would think most would want to keep looking good all year instead of some that come in for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas, lol. One of my old clients that lost me a few years back when I switched salons located me again, which was a blast from the past. She used to drive in from Chattanooga, Tn every few months to get her hair done. Now I call that a compliment. When she moved back to the county I had moved salons and she couldn't find me. She asked another nurse who did her hair and that is how she got the hook up. It was a nice hair reunion day.

Loving this nice weather, not too overly warm, slight breeze. Yes! I am home to enjoy open windows and fragrant wisteria wafting through them.

Blessings to all!
                Sewing mends the soul.
                sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• sweetstkissez22
                  UN-Biased
                  • Apr 2011

Well hello ladies,
                  I am also glad its thursday, although Friday would be a little better!! We have random spurts of crazy heavy rain here today! And of course I had to run errands, and the rain seems to know when I am ready to get out of my car!! Needles to say I am freezing and have changed clothes twice today!

I am in the process of making dinner with the kiddos napping! Not looking forward to working late tonight but hopefully tonight will go by as quickly as the day has!! Hope everyone is well...

Oh on an unrelated note..I just wanted to say I am truly proud of the people in my town! We were recently hit by tornadoes (which in my area is REALLY uncommon for them to touch down in the city)...but caused tremendous devastation! My city has completely come together and have been working double time to help those in need! I hope those out in the midwest that were affected earlier are healing, and having helping hands as well!! Hugs and Prayers!!
                  My husband lets me have all the fabric I can hide

Comment

• bakermom
                    Missouri Star
                    • Sep 2010

So jealous of all of your road trips, ladies. none for me for a while. I would love to go to MSQC, no one living anywhere near there to visit. One nice place near me will be closing next month.
                    I guess I will be spendind my time cutting blocks for future projects unless I can train my left foot to use the foot pedal. I'm wearing my new boot with orders to not walk on it or put pressure on it for 6 weeks. no driving either. not a happy camper.
                    it's bright and sunny here today but it's not real warm,only about 50. If it stays like this the ground should start drying out again. My flowers are still trying to bloom in spite of everything. Even my rose bushes are leafing out.
                    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• pdjewelrylady
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2010

bakermom - depending on your machine could you get a knee lever? it is a L shaped metal rod adapter thingy that attaches to the machine and replaces the foot pedal all together. i think most brother and viking machines have them available....
                      Last edited by pdjewelrylady; April 21, 2011, 02:25 PM.
                      Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                      hugs, Suzi
                      http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                      it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

• bakermom
                        Missouri Star
                        • Sep 2010

That would be an option. my machine does have one.
                        I'm thinking of moving my machine onto an adjustable table once Easter is over. however i set it up(and when i say"i" that means DH and DD doing the grunt work)i have to be sure i won't be putting pressure on my foot as i sew. I've sewn with a baby in my arms and knitted with a broken arm in the past so I can be very resourceful when i have to be.

sweetstkissez22- Isn't it great the way people will come together in times of tragedy? What we call small town values are alive and well all around us. I hope your town recovers quickly from those storms. We have been so fortunate this spring in my area.
                        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• janluna
                          Missouri Star
                          • Oct 2009

Blondie I hope your Mom is better today. I love you.
                          Patticakes I am jealous of you. Can I hide in your suitcase?? Of course it would have to be the size of Manhattan but I'd be good!!??!!
                          Well, today I and two friends went to Buffalo, NY to see a new quilt shop. It was wonderful!!! A beautiful shop with good prices and great fabric! They have classes and they set up brand new Bernina machines so you don't have to cart yours. Isn't that great!! Classes are reasonable and they had some good ones coming up so we will be there. Yay!! If you buy a kit you get 15 to 25% off the book. They had great books so I had to buy a couple and I got a couple of table runner kits and a gorgeous quilt that I couldn't resist so I bought it. Wait till you see this quilt. I am so excited! I have a couple of other things to finish before I start on it which gives me great incentive. I had a nice lunch and good fellowship and had just a great day. It was so cold though and on the way it started snowing. We are just going from winter to summer I'll bet you. Next it will be 90 with no spring in between. Love and prayers to all, Hugs, Jan
                          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• janluna
                            Missouri Star
                            • Oct 2009

Bakermom, I'm so sorry you are broken. Please be good to you and do everything the doc says. I will pray for a quick recovery. Hugs, Jan
                            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• toggpine
                              Missouri Star
                              • Aug 2009

Apparently you all did not see the notice. Spring and Fall have been canceled due to budget cuts. Four seasons was just too much. We now have winter and summer only. Or if you live here in Washington State: Raining or July & August.
                              I have been cheered by the little humming birds that visit the feeder outside of my window. They are chugging down nearly an inch of sugar water daily. One little green guy buzzes my head when I go out to change the water for them. One of these days he'll figure out that I'm filling it. My daughter loves to stand at the window and watch them.
                              I have all of the blocks finally cut. I'll start assembling them tonight. Between the swap and Em's quilt I have 56 blocks to make. Whew. They will be so cool when they are done though!
                              I stopped at the library today and picked up a few more audio books to keep me company while sewing and found a couple of interesting cook books. One is entirely devoted to pot pies! NO, not the little hockey puck frozen jobs from Swanson either. It looked pretty interesting so I checked it out and one all about brownies. Yummmmmy! I'll let you know if anything really good comes out of either of them.
                              Take Care! Cathy
                              Be who you are and say what you feel
                              because those who mind don't matter,
                              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X