Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Tis the Season

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tis the Season

Before the rest of this rushed, frantic season escapes me, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish each and every single one of my new-found friends the very best this holiday season has to offer. Like most of us, I continue to be amazed and dumbfounded at the speed of recurring occasions. Personally, as I age, everything else seems faster - and I do mean everything! A much-beloved mentor always said, "The faster I go, the behinder I get." That adage has never been more apropos!!

On another note, I'm voicing my frustration, concerning my serger, that I purchased some 5-6 years ago. I've been sewing for more than 50 years and a serger was always a dream of mine. I don't think there's a more beautiful sewn seam than the serger's. However, my frustration comes from the TAILS! I've done the recommended remedies to these ends, however, there's been nothing that works to my satisfaction (like back-stitching). These remedies take waaay too much time and finagling to make this piece of equipment my favorite.

Would there be anyone out there, in this wonderful forum, who know of/uses a successful means of dealing with these annoying byproducts? I've done the fray check and weaving it back into the seam. There is another method that requires re-inserting the beginning/end threads back into the seam and re-sewing, but that seems like an amputated fingertip waiting to happen! Of course, there are times, when they just need to be incorporated into a regularly sewn seam, and that works out just fine.

I suppose I have all crossables crossed that the eons of sewing knowledge contained in this forum, has produced another solution to this dilemma! It's the season to dream, isn't it?!

Done frustrating now. Thanx for listening. Now listen to this: Have a Blessed Christmas and a Fantastic New Year!
    Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tis the Season

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Linda.

I vent with you about the serger tails every time I use mine, so I am really no help to you. If anyone ever figures it out - wouldn't it be nice if there was a 'fix' stitch (which I have on my regular sewing machine) and that would eliminate our problems.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The tail issue is one reason I sold my serger in a yard sale.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Don't have a serger so I'm no help there but I do appreciate your Good Wishes for Christmas and the New Year, the same blessing for you and yours. May in Jersey

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    MERRY CHRISTMAS, Linda.

I vent with you about the serger tails every time I use mine, so I am really no help to you. If anyone ever figures it out - wouldn't it be nice if there was a 'fix' stitch (which I have on my regular sewing machine) and that would eliminate our problems.
    And they'd be one lucky, very rich person! hahahaha
    Linda