Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What we have here is a night owl failure

Tossed all plans out the doors and windows and got well enough ONLY to windex a few mirrors, umm DUST omg not that anyone will notice in 3 days but I did wander around dusting and got the spare bathroom ready for the Grandson's arrival tomorrow - Plan F (failure) to sew anything in December. And all I really wanted to make were a few Pillowcases for Ruby's group, No Sew Christmas thingies... Thinking about sitting and having GS and I give those ordaments a go still, maybe I can where's the little choo choo

:-Debbie and now to bed -- Dang why don't kids SLEEP in later??? hehehe
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Night Owl Failure? Yes, I took a 3 hour nap yesterday and still fell asleep at 8 pm and woke up about 20 minutes ago. I am not feeling great and will try and make arraignments for the night Owl. Cyndi asked me months ago to take this over and for the most part I have but do occasionally fall asleep. I am sorry.

Plan B, gift certificates and really great Valentines gifts this year!
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

3. Thanks Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snippet View Post
    Actually it should be What we've got here is failure to communicate but it's a commonly misquoted line. I only remember this because it was one of my dad's favorite sayings - he loved Cool Hand Luke.

I have no plan B. But that's not unusual. I'm not much of a planner. I like to go with the flow and work from there.
    I feel like that commercial where that girl believes everything because it's on the internet. lol

Awe Lisa, you know the title has nothing to do with the night owl thread. Hope your feeling better

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I feel like that commercial where that girl believes everything because it's on the internet. lol

Awe Lisa, you know the title has nothing to do with the night owl thread. Hope your feeling better
    Lorie, I have been struggling and failing to get the Night Owl done for weeks. I should have asked for help sooner. I just am not very good at taking care of myself and my Lupus and Hashi's are screaming for attention. I took no offense to your post honestly.

I am just having a hard time. I feel like all I do is whine lately and am fed up with it. 2013 has not been a good year for me physically and has been up and down emotionally with 2 family members with cancer, my Dad is having memory issues, my Lil' Guy keeps getting sick and someone who I thought was a real friend now loves to make jokes about me, talk about me and send me nasty and threatening messages, I just hope they remember that Karma exists. I am just not quite myself.

Some parts of 2013 have honestly felt and been gifts from God but the bad has been very bad. It is just life. I will try and check in to get the Night Owl done but I know I may not be able to do it so I just don't want anyone disappointed. I won't whine again and I do know how lucky I am to have the life I have so I will keep praying for everyone here and hope that everyone has a great Christmas.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

6. Thanks Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    Cool Hand Luke... ''what we have here is a failure to communicate''

Couldn't communicate with plan A. lol
    It is also a line from 'Major Payne'. At this point I don't have a plan, just going with the flow.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My Plan B was to let go of trying to make a couple of wall hangings for Christmas gifts. I decided I would be rushed, probably make lots of mistakes and be stressed out. They are projects that I want to take my time with.

Lisa..........please don't feel like you have to start the Night Owl thread every night.........get the rest that you need. Someone usually steps up with a subject or question for the night. We have quite a few night owls.........so the thread will get started by someone. Don't make yourself sick worrying about it...........take care of yourself.......getting a good nights sleep is more important.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	granny squares.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	63529
    Here it is!!!!! Success!

Quote Originally Posted by bkthomas View Post
    No, don't know what that movie is from.....but Thanks for starting tonights thread!
    Started a Christmas tree skirt for my nephew last month and knew I could not do it justice in time, so I set that aside....
    Tonight I started on the quilt for my BIL (Roxy's hubby) and thanks to dizzyliz for posting her Granny Square quilt, I copied it and got the first block done! I'm quite pleased with how it came out!

Sorry, having technical difficulties getting the pic to upload.
    ~Kathy~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jim was always walking around saying that.....there are several movies that the quote was used in. But, Cool Hand Luke is where I remember it from.

I have no plan B...never do LOL...if my plans fail well then what we have is failure to communicate.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha Ha...The way Lorie's quote is stated is actually a line from Major Payne. Now that movie I have seen dozens of times. The egg eating scene in Cool Hand Luke is what I remember most about that movie. That and the way the guard was called 'boss'.
    Quote Originally Posted by snippet View Post
    Actually it should be What we've got here is failure to communicate but it's a commonly misquoted line. I only remember this because it was one of my dad's favorite sayings - he loved Cool Hand Luke.

I have no plan B. But that's not unusual. I'm not much of a planner. I like to go with the flow and work from there.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    It is also a line from 'Major Payne'. At this point I don't have a plan, just going with the flow.
    Well, they had to have copied it... because Cool Hand Luke made that line famous! LOL. Paul Newman baby!