Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Owls- How you light up my life!

I really do enjoy the Night Owls thread so thank you for that because it is you owls that make it so fun.

How do you Christmas light?

Clear?
    Multi colored?
    Blinking?
    All red or all blue?

Any particular reason why?
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

2. Thanks Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Night Owls- How you light up my life!

Lisa, I enjoy the night owl threads too. Don't mention all blue lights around Dee......remember how she feels about that! . We have all white lights on our tree but we have used multi color lights in the past too. We like them both. I'm sitting on the couch watching tv and enjoying our tree lights right now!
    Last edited by pcbatiks; December 18th, 2013 at 01:27 AM.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

4. Thanks Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Multi colored!! Like variety I guess!! Actually...it's just what I grew up,with....

Can anyone else tell that tonight is a full moon? I knew it all day!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy full moon! All of the teachers at school can not believe the combo of a full moon and the week before Christmas break.

We are a multi color, some steady, some blinking. We tried new ones this year that have several settings. Here is a pic of the one in the sun room. We also have a smaller one in the living room.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1301.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	63290
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

7. Thanks Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We do multicolored and I grew up with that as well. I think the little kids like that best.

My Grandfather used to line his road and driveway with those paper bags full of sand and light a candle in them. Back when he would spend a month cutting the design into them and you couldn't just buy them already cut. I love those bags but it is a lot of work every night and I am not sure I will ever be willing to do it.

It is a full moon. Poor teachers this week. My little guy is very excited and I just think of how hard it must be to be locked in a room of 20 of those little excited bodies.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Multi.. our tree has been full of whimsical toy like ornaments we collected, a lot from craft fairs. I tried white but it always went back to multi. I stopped with the flashing, it got a little distracting. I just have little supermarket tree with probably 20 lights. lol A few favorite things around and that's it this year. The girls are gone and I don't want to clean up.

I have a ton of Santas, I mean a ton. If my youngest DD comes home for Christmas one of these years I might put everything back up. And let her take some of it home. lol

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

White lights on the tree, multi colored lights all around outside... my husband is a Christmas freak... lots of trees, lots of decorations, inside and outside. I never have to decorate a thing because he is like a kid in a candy shop as soon as Thanksgiving is over and he can't WAIT to get the decorations up!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I have both clear LED and multi LED. I love lots of lights so I have over 650 lights. Of course I feel I don't have enough lights but DH said no more. LOL. I will admit I have lots of ornaments. Been collecting for years. My tree is very colorful and traditional.

Hey Lisa, question to ask the night owls is, do you put your gifts under the tree as you purchase and wrap? Or do you wait until Christmas Eve? I wait until the kids have gone to bed on Christmas Eve to put the gifts under the tree. They are sneaky little buggers and if I put the gifts before, they will try to peel the wrapping paper to sneak a peek. So every year, it's a game of hide and seek with the gifts and of course, mommy got the best hiding spots. I just love to see the look of aw and surprise on the children's faces when they wake up on Christmas morning and see their gifts.
    "Trust in The Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In everything you do acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5,6

Come Join the Fun
    Fall Mug Rug Swap & Secret Santa 2013
    Patriotic Christmas Stocking

12. Thanks Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

we use white lights on the tree because i love how it makes the glass shine and some of the plastic canvas ornaments my mil made for us with the lights in just the right spots you would swear there were lights not beads in her ornaments

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa:

Another great topic tonight. I like the white lights. Next year, I want to add white lights with some green lights on the outside, rather than just the white ones. How many time can a person say the words white lights in one paragraph? LOL

Precious: when my kids were growing up, we always put our gifts under the tree on Christmas Eve. I would arrange the packages so they would come all the way out in the middle of the room. Now that their 19 and 23, I don't do that. They are put out as I wrap them. However, when my sister came for Christmas the year before last, I laid them all out just like I did when my kids were younger. How fun! I love seeing their big eyes so wide first thing in the morning!
    MISA
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html