Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The royal wedding

Well, I've been trying to figure our how to spend the day when Kate and Prince William wed on April 29th. If I go out there and brave the crowds I'm going to miss the ceremony on the "telly." The palace is only about a 5-10 min. walk from our flat. I was reading about past weddings and it said that some people will stake out their spot along the processional route a couple of days ahead. NO WAY!!! I'm not doing that. There are people spending 100,000 pounds to get a private view of the processional from various places along the route. Can you imagine? I have a feeling I'll watch the ceremony on TV and as soon as it's over I'll get Joe to hoof it over to the palace with me. I have a feeling the crowds will be so enormous that we won't be able to get anywhere near the route. I have to give it a try. I imagine I'll be snapping lots of pictures but mostly of the crowds partying in the streets. LOL

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The royal wedding

Rebecca the 29th is a friday not wednesday.....

I find myself getting all emotional whenever l see something on tv about it...l feel all protective of William ....crazy l know l just think about his mum and l cant believe his old enough to marry ....Just think it's really sad that Diana isnt around to see it happen..
    "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
    :

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I remember watching Di's wedding from beginning to end, I'll do the same with her son. I don't know what it is with we American's and royalty but a large percentage of us are smitten. My husband is British and he doesn't get it at all. Oh well, I'll be blued to, as you all say, the telly.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I won't be watching. I figure I'll see all I need to on TV without even trying - it'll be everywhere. I too am sorry that Diana won't be there. She was and amazing woman. Wishing the best for the young couple,
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca what a wonderful opportunity to be so close! I would imagine there will be throngs of onlookers. On one hand such a great chance to catch a glimpse, on the other hand you might miss the ceremony right? I would probably do what you thinking just to feel apart of the excitement & say I was actually there! Myself, well to be honest, I'm just not into it. I feel sad that he won't have his mum there and will probably catch it on the news but won't watch every minute. If I was in your place I would probably be caught up in all the festivities! Hope you have fun & enjoy!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to watch what I can before work and DVR the rest. I can't wait--love all the pomp and circumstance.
    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

my boss if from England. she is having a "Royal Slumber PArty"...we are all going to go to her house and watch the wedding in our jammies at 4am. we plan to have mimosas, tea, scones, etc.... it should be a blast!!

I remember staying up all night with my mom and watching Lady Di marry the Prince. It was like Disney princess comes to life it was so grand.....
    Michele

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That sound like a lot of fun, Michele. I don't think mimosas are very British, but who cares, right? They taste so yummy. I guess a pint of ale would be more appropriate but I don't think beer would be so great with scones and tea. Hahahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by shell.scraps View Post
    my boss if from England. she is having a "Royal Slumber PArty"...we are all going to go to her house and watch the wedding in our jammies at 4am. we plan to have mimosas, tea, scones, etc.... it should be a blast!!

I remember staying up all night with my mom and watching Lady Di marry the Prince. It was like Disney princess comes to life it was so grand.....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Today, we went for a walk to Hyde Park Corner via Buckingham Palace.There were loads of people around because of a huge runners' marathon (35,000 runners). I'm trying to imagine that area on the wedding day compared to what I saw today. It's going to be VERY crowded!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by patticakes View Post
    Rebecca what a wonderful opportunity to be so close! I would imagine there will be throngs of onlookers. On one hand such a great chance to catch a glimpse, on the other hand you might miss the ceremony right? I would probably do what you thinking just to feel apart of the excitement & say I was actually there! Myself, well to be honest, I'm just not into it. I feel sad that he won't have his mum there and will probably catch it on the news but won't watch every minute. If I was in your place I would probably be caught up in all the festivities! Hope you have fun & enjoy!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a girl thing. Guys just don't seem to appreciate these things. Joe is so NOT into this upcoming wedding. He'll go out with me, though, even if I have to drag him. Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by twnkeyes View Post
    I remember watching Di's wedding from beginning to end, I'll do the same with her son. I don't know what it is with we American's and royalty but a large percentage of us are smitten. My husband is British and he doesn't get it at all. Oh well, I'll be blued to, as you all say, the telly.