Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Giveaway Week 15 - April 16th - 22nd 2011

Congratulations to tamsterg7! Random.org chose you to win the 1000 Quilters Cash Points from last weeks giveaway! A peach tree definitely has flowers that count and you've got me dreaming of the smell!

For a chance at the next 500 points tell me your favorite ruler. You don't have to own it I just want to know which one you love or would love to have! Honestly the next one I want is that scallop
    curvy one that can make petals... I can't find it right now but if I do I'll post the link. Heck MSQC might have it I just don't have time to look right now I currently 12 minutes late for an appointment... What can I say, I love you guys

Looking forward to your answers and Good luck!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 15 - April 16th - 22nd 2011

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S: tamsterg7

Can't believe I am the first one here. What's the chance that the random chooser will pick #1 for next week's win?

Anyway, I actually think my very favorite ruler has to be the one that I use the most and that's my 6 1/2 x 24 inch'er that I use when cutting strips . . . Now, I have plenty of others and very occasionally pull up the 3 1/2 x 12 inch'er but like the 'heft' of the larger one better.

Queen Elizabeth is also a great ruler.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Sandy -- I use my 6"x24" one the most. I don't do much applique, but after seeing the Dresden tool, I might just want one of those.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I really want the binding tool to make the friendship braid! I love the tumbler one I got recently. Cut the blocks out but still have to sew them!
    Congrats to Tam!!

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

I like my 12X12 ruler for function, It really helps me keep my squares, um square ....but my favorite (I just posted about this last night) is my NEW dresden ruler that I just bought!! I have been cutting out little wedges for a couple days now, just waiting to sew them altogether!! It is my new found love! For now lol!
    My husband lets me have all the fabric I can hide

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I love all my rulers, I'm that kinda gal! LOL Last night I used my big giant metal t square to make a fleece blanket so it is my favorite for the moment since my blanket turned out nice and square for a change I hope my next favorite ruler is to be the scallop ruler that is out of stock.....I tried to buy it today but it's still out of stock so I'll have to get it the next time I place a order

Diane from Toledo

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered the 5" tumbler template, the Dresden ruler, and the binder tool. I'm already planning all the quilts and flower wall hangings and simplier binding I will do when they arrive! My favorite ruler is the 6x24. Just recently I had to measure units that were 6 i/2 inches wide. Couldn't use my 6 x 24 ruler....bummer!
    .r

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Tamsterg7!!!!!!
    I love all rulers and can't get enough but my favorite so far is my slotted ruler for strip cutting. I really want a flying geese ruler and a scallop ruler next.
    To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
    Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I am so new to this that I only have 2 rulers. I like the 6 1/2" X 24" better than the 6 1/2" square. I just can't seem to keep that little one still. I am sure that I will get it eventually.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Giveaway Week 15 - April 16th - 22nd 2011

My favorite ruler is one I just bought here online....it's the tumbler for 5" charm squares. I have been using a template that makes my blocks less than accurate, and am looking forward to getting this one. Also got a couple of packs of charms to use the new tumbler ruler with. Whoo hoo....I'm in heaven!

nevrn