Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Iron Quilter 2 entries

I'm surprised some of the projects were posted in the entries. Some projects were unfinished, i.e. quilt tops only with no finished quilting. A few projects looked like there was no "Lovely" fabric anywhere. Some were posted after the Nov. 30 deadline, on Dec. 1 after midnight. Why were these even displayed?

It was interesting to look through the album to see everyone's entries. I saw some ideas I may want to incorporate in my future quilts. It's evident many people worked long & hard to complete their projects. JCY

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Iron Quilter 2 entries

Been there done that. There was NO RULE that said the quilt had to be a complete quilt, tops were eligible to enter. Mine was finished and quilted, but I like the top alone picture better, and that is the one I CHOSE to enter, after checking to be sure I could. So, I know for a fact that they could be.

It's been explained that a few people accidently uploaded the wrong picture, but once submitted it could not be taken down. One girl accidently posted the back of her quilt.

I'll be surprised if they even hold another contest after this and all of the negative reaction.

I have to say, I was blown away by the talent in this contest, and just as blown away by the lack of kindness towards others. Some of the most talented of quilters have been some the meanest of comments. I mean really? Winning a quilt contest is really worth ripping another human being apart because they dared to try to compete?

If I were a judge (and I am not) I'd disqualify anyone who posted a rude comment about someone's quilt for poor sportsmanship.

Justsayin....

3. Thanks Helen McD, ladypetite thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Amen! I agree.

5. Thanks ladypetite thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

JCY - Before posting something negative, you should have read the other 3 or 4 threads on this subject and seen that this subject has been beat to death! WE KNOW and didn't need someone opening a new thread to rehash! As kensington said.. Been there--Done that! Opening a new thread just to slam the contest is rude, un-thinking and downright wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    I'm surprised some of the projects were posted in the entries. Some projects were unfinished, i.e. quilt tops only with no finished quilting. A few projects looked like there was no "Lovely" fabric anywhere. Some were posted after the Nov. 30 deadline, on Dec. 1 after midnight. Why were these even displayed?

It was interesting to look through the album to see everyone's entries. I saw some ideas I may want to incorporate in my future quilts. It's evident many people worked long & hard to complete their projects. JCY
    Just One More Yard - Blog
    Just One More Yard - Craftsy

A clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine!

7. Thanks ladypetite thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    just as blown away by the lack of kindness towards others. .
    Amen to that. Be kind to one another.

9. Thanks ladypetite thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

For those who are participants in the contest, THIS IS A BIG DEAL! If you don't want to read about it, just ignore threads about it.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon you guys. This is an open forum. People should be able to talk about whatever they want to without being slammed for not going back over all entries posted here first. Not everyone comes here everyday to read all the posts. Not everyone is aware of all the previous comments ever posted here. People should not have to read everything b4 asking a question or posting a comment just to make sure it hasn't already been asked and answered somewhere here b4. (there is over 3 years of amazing info here) Some people are new here, & don't know YOUR rules! Be nice!
    What Jean said! Just read something else.

JCY: Thank you for the kind comments you did make! I agree with you.... the entries are all amazing. And there are a few that are now on my bucket list too.
    Name:  sending_flowers.gif
Views: 307
Size:  23.1 KB
    Last edited by jingleme; December 8th, 2013 at 02:04 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    For those who are participants in the contest, THIS IS A BIG DEAL! If you don't want to read about it, just ignore threads about it.
    I get that. For those of us who entered, it's a big deal... so the mean comments are a big deal too Jean. Some of the ones I've read are mean. If you submitted, and you know you did your best, why rip on someone else. It might be important to her too, even if her quilt is not up to your standards.

I entered and it's a big deal to me that the some participants have behaved so ugly towards others. I said what I meant, I meant what I said. Do they really thing ripping on someone helps them win? If the work doesn't stand the test, nothing will.

I personally took my time and read the comments and did my research, I did not vote for anyone who had been mean towards someone else, here, on facebook or Google. It mattered to me. It's tit for tat on this, if you don't like what I've said, you don't have to read it. I promise, I won't be offended.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It truly saddens me that people are making mean comments at all. There is just no reason for it. I am greatly disappointed by the mentality of anyone who has to put others down to make themselves feel better or because they think they are funny. So needless and when you do that it says a lot about you and when you do it and then claim to be against it it says much more.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisapc View Post
    It truly saddens me that people are making mean comments at all. There is just no reason for it. I am greatly disappointed by the mentality of anyone who has to put others down to make themselves feel better or because they think they are funny. So needless and when you do that it says a lot about you and when you do it and then claim to be against it it says much more.
    I'm sorry, did I miss something? Did I say something mean about anyone's quilt, and then claim to be against such things? Or was this not directed at me? If it's not, I apologize.