• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jean Sewing Machine
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: Iron Quilter 2 entries

Originally posted by Fabriclovr View Post
    I know mine was a last minute entry. I saw that it was going to happen one weekend and decided that I was way to busy to pull it off in such a short period of time, but then I went back the next weekend and ordered the max number of charm packs. Thought that even if I didn't get to use them, I would have gotten a good deal and I would stick them in the stash. How wrong I was when I opened the package and saw the beautiful fabrics... right then an there I knew I had to work up a design that would showcase these prints.

When I was cutting them, I made a mistake on the outside Dresdens and cut them from the dark to the light instead of the light to the dark and didn't realize it till I had them all cut. Figured I would go with it and we all see what the result was.

I am very pleased with my entry and there were several that have given me inspiration for future quilts. Good work everyone!
    Happy mistake! The design is amazing!

Comment

• Shirley
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2010

I loved seeing all the quilts. Everyone is so talented. Some of them just took my breath away. Can't wait to see the top 25!
      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• bhaggerty
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2012

Loved seeing all the quilts! They were amazing!
        Glad I was too busy at work last week to lose any sleep over all this chitter chatter. It was fun to make a quilt with the Lovely charm pack, got a GREAT deal on them, and my Christmas present for my mom is done! Not big FaceBook fan, but that is ok with me. Doubt that I will do anything like this again because I did not like the pressure of the timeline. Just had to say I participated in it.
        Need to finish up a little more work on the computer before work tomorrow. Already looks like a long day tomorrow as well.
        So glad I have a week of vacation coming at Christmas!
        Happy Quilting!

Comment

Working...
        X