Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Iron Quilter 2 entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    Did this happen in the first contest? (the negativity) If it didn't, was it the voting process or something else that is causing it?
    No, it didn't happen on the forum during the first contest - for a couple reasons. The contest was anonymous, no posting quilts here looking for votes and there was a total of maybe 50 entries. The only issue there was the first time was some people trying to vote numerous times for the same entry, so they limited it to one vote per IP.

And Sandy ...

I think it us all too easy to misinterpret someone 's intention in a writer noisy, than when we are face to face...
    That auto-correct always manages to get you at the most inopportune times. Made me laugh this morning.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

9 Patch Princess

Born and raised in WA.State. I live 1/2 way between Seattle, WA. and Portland, OR.
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW---Only 50 entries in the first Iron Quilter contest. No wonder this all went belly-up!! Can you even imagine how hard it was for Miss* to be so over-whelmed with 400 + submissions?????? Then to try and get them all up with only ONE day!!!!!

I was disappointed in NOT getting up-dates from them on WHEN the pictures would be up. I bet you next time they will give themselves several days between the END of the contest and the beginning of the Voting.

I noticed last night I got an up-date already on just WHEN the top 25 would be listed again on Wed. I am glad they are giving themselves more time to sort out and tally up the voting. This can not be easy for them.

If and When Jenny uses her 3 VOTES----I pray those votes are anonymosily so NO one knows WHO she votes for.

I was stunned and shocked to see ALL the beautiful quilts posted. I think Everyone was a WINNER!!! It really was an amazing on-line Quilt Show and I didn't even have to get dressed up to see them. LOL.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jan.... I enjoyed the quilts in my jammies, too....

Now that I know there were only 50 entries in the first contest, a lot of things make sense. Can you even imagine how shocked the M* gang was when they were slammed with well over 400 entries...

I'm one if those people who just go with the flow, sometimes, so the delays didn't bother me at all... I figured things would happen when they happened..... I knew no one was deliberately dragging their feet.... Taking care of the many details involved in such a huge project takes time.

I don't think anybody expected so many entries,... I know I was surprised....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I know mine was a last minute entry. I saw that it was going to happen one weekend and decided that I was way to busy to pull it off in such a short period of time, but then I went back the next weekend and ordered the max number of charm packs. Thought that even if I didn't get to use them, I would have gotten a good deal and I would stick them in the stash. How wrong I was when I opened the package and saw the beautiful fabrics... right then an there I knew I had to work up a design that would showcase these prints.

When I was cutting them, I made a mistake on the outside Dresdens and cut them from the dark to the light instead of the light to the dark and didn't realize it till I had them all cut. Figured I would go with it and we all see what the result was.

I am very pleased with my entry and there were several that have given me inspiration for future quilts. Good work everyone!
    Just One More Yard - Blog
    Just One More Yard - Craftsy

A clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jenny told us at the forum retreat in Oct that they had purchased 20,000 charm packs of this Lovely. Can you imagine if they had had 5,000 or more entries in this contest! I think they did phenomenal, but just think folks what it could have been like looking at thousands of entries!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fabriclovr View Post
    I know mine was a last minute entry. I saw that it was going to happen one weekend and decided that I was way to busy to pull it off in such a short period of time, but then I went back the next weekend and ordered the max number of charm packs. Thought that even if I didn't get to use them, I would have gotten a good deal and I would stick them in the stash. How wrong I was when I opened the package and saw the beautiful fabrics... right then an there I knew I had to work up a design that would showcase these prints.

When I was cutting them, I made a mistake on the outside Dresdens and cut them from the dark to the light instead of the light to the dark and didn't realize it till I had them all cut. Figured I would go with it and we all see what the result was.

I am very pleased with my entry and there were several that have given me inspiration for future quilts. Good work everyone!
    Happy mistake! The design is amazing!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I loved seeing all the quilts. Everyone is so talented. Some of them just took my breath away. Can't wait to see the top 25!
    Shirley

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Loved seeing all the quilts! They were amazing!
    Glad I was too busy at work last week to lose any sleep over all this chitter chatter. It was fun to make a quilt with the Lovely charm pack, got a GREAT deal on them, and my Christmas present for my mom is done! Not big FaceBook fan, but that is ok with me. Doubt that I will do anything like this again because I did not like the pressure of the timeline. Just had to say I participated in it.
    Need to finish up a little more work on the computer before work tomorrow. Already looks like a long day tomorrow as well.
    So glad I have a week of vacation coming at Christmas!
    Happy Quilting!