Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Thoughts on the IQ Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Juliadlf View Post
    I was disappointed though when I saw some of the comments people posted.
    I was the same. One repeated comment on the obvious non-qualifying entries was simply childish finger pointing.

2. Thanks jingleme thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yeeehawterri View Post
    I was the same. One repeated comment on the obvious non-qualifying entries was simply childish finger pointing.
    Ah, you saw the evidence of the quilt police too. Sad that was a forum member ...
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Ah, you saw the evidence of the quilt police too. Sad that was a forum member ...
    I saw the quilt police too...smh! I just went and looked at some of them again and the mean, hateful posts...what is wrong with people??? Some of those non-qualifying quilts are beautiful and they are not going to be counted. No one is, at this point, taking likes away from anyone. When it comes to the actual voting that would be a different story. Chill and let M* work it out.

I think everyone that made something for the IQ should take a bow...qualifying or not! There is a lot of work in those projects.
    Last edited by buckeyequilter; December 3rd, 2013 at 02:16 PM.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

My 5 year old put it all in perspective for me...as she crawled out of bed the other morning, having had her first night's sleep under her new quilt, she said, "Mommy, I was really toasty under that!" That made me feel so good because her room can be cold at night! And when I'd almost finished the quilt, and was laying it out for the first time, she stood in awe, saying it was beautiful and was so happy it was all her favorite colors and flowers.
    I am so glad that I took up this challenge now. I learned new ways of piecing, thanks to watching many of Jenny's videos and tried them with this quilt. I made a quilt from start to finish in under 2 months. My little girl has a quilt to cherish and wrap herself in, when it's cold. All good!
    This was the largest quilt I've done and while doing it, I thought, never again; it was too big and too much work. Now, thanks to my daughter, I think this is only the beginning, and there will be many more to come!
    This has been a great challenge for me and I am so inspired by the talent and expertise of many of the entries.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne View Post
    My 5 year old put it all in perspective for me...as she crawled out of bed the other morning, having had her first night's sleep under her new quilt, she said, "Mommy, I was really toasty under that!" That made me feel so good because her room can be cold at night! And when I'd almost finished the quilt, and was laying it out for the first time, she stood in awe, saying it was beautiful and was so happy it was all her favorite colors and flowers.
    I am so glad that I took up this challenge now. I learned new ways of piecing, thanks to watching many of Jenny's videos and tried them with this quilt. I made a quilt from start to finish in under 2 months. My little girl has a quilt to cherish and wrap herself in, when it's cold. All good!
    This was the largest quilt I've done and while doing it, I thought, never again; it was too big and too much work. Now, thanks to my daughter, I think this is only the beginning, and there will be many more to come!
    This has been a great challenge for me and I am so inspired by the talent and expertise of many of the entries.
    ....and that's a winning quilt!!!
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I can only see 228 quilts and don't see a second page? On Kathy's link.
    Lorie, you have to scroll down, wait for the new batch to load, scroll down some more, wait some more, scroll down.....there were LOTS of entries!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you look at the CHAIR!! ohmygosh gorgeous!!

Had to give my FB account to hubby last night he has NO way of voting *sigh* so we'll share choices LOL I hope he has good taste?

So enjoy the LONG stroll!

oops his turn at the FB account Later
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jingleme View Post
    Lorie, you have to scroll down, wait for the new batch to load, scroll down some more, wait some more, scroll down.....there were LOTS of entries!
    Thanks!

Yes that chair was Beautiful!
    Last edited by Hulamoon; December 3rd, 2013 at 03:48 PM.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HdWench View Post
    Make sure you look at the CHAIR!! ohmygosh gorgeous!!

Had to give my FB account to hubby last night he has NO way of voting *sigh* so we'll share choices LOL I hope he has good taste?

So enjoy the LONG stroll!

oops his turn at the FB account Later
    Yeah... That chair was amazing....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I entered a top only, had fun making it and am pleased with the fact that I have had three people ask if I was going to sell it.
    I am a second year quiltmaker, haven't mastered FMQ and outside of charms sewn together this was my second challenge. I am sorry for those who worked really hard and are disappointed. I am sure that M* will figure out a new way to present the next challenge.

By the way, has anyone ever put a price tag on their work? I could use some guidlines.
    Teri

12. Thanks HdWench thanked for this post