Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Thoughts on the IQ Contest

Suzette explained things very well, and there was a very little communication on what was going on with the voting. But the good thing about Google + and Facebook is that you can only vote once for a project. I think the last time they held this contest, you could vote multiple or hundreds of times for your project, and that skewed the results. With these two venues, you can't do that. We would have really appreciated some communication Sunday as to what was going on. That was where the complaints started, and rightly so,I believe. Now that everyone knows what is going on, we can deal with the circumstances.

2. Thanks jingleme thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I entered and I had fun. My quilt is beautiful and even has a few votes from people I don't know. What more could a person want. I am sure that the next challenge will be more organized and will be even more fun. And I know that the next quilt I make for a challenge will be more beautiful. All of the quilts have inspired me to do different quilt styles that I haven't tried yet, and I look forward to the challenges I will put on myself. Good luck to everyone on their quilt!

4. Thanks jingleme thanked for this post
    UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to find the facebook page for the IQ.........If someone could provide a quick link for me? Thanks

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

~Kathy~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I can only see 228 quilts and don't see a second page? On Kathy's link.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
    I entered and I had fun. My quilt is beautiful and even has a few votes from people I don't know. What more could a person want. I am sure that the next challenge will be more organized and will be even more fun. And I know that the next quilt I make for a challenge will be more beautiful. All of the quilts have inspired me to do different quilt styles that I haven't tried yet, and I look forward to the challenges I will put on myself. Good luck to everyone on their quilt!
    That's just how I feel. I know my quilt is beautiful - that's all that counts. I learned some new skills and challenged myself. I feel like an Iron Quilter
    Mary

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

9. Thanks jingleme thanked for this post
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Hi There! We all love MSQ! One of the reasons I love it is they have always thought outside the box! This contest is another example. I am inspired by all of these quilts and commend you all for your art. In these days of small business demise, I want to be a cheerleader saying go for it MSQ. Try more, do more, but by all means just be there! Great job!
    Last edited by Booklady; December 3rd, 2013 at 12:53 PM.

11. Thanks jingleme thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I think we are ALL iron quilters! We came, we bought, we conquered. All of the quilts, whether you spent a lot of time or a little, are beautiful, and nobody should sell themselves short! Remembering that the minimum requirement was a single charm pack, and some of the quilts that seem like they don't have any are large.. I'd give the quilts the benefit of the doubt, and assume that the Lovely is there...

I am particularly grateful to the forum members who shared the info on where/how to vote, because I wasn't finding the information anywhere else, and that was what I found upsetting. It's all water under the bridge now for me., and I love scrolling through the album of quilts and just looking at them. So thank you to all who participated, for the eye candy!

13. Thanks jingleme thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Juliadlf View Post
    I didn't enter either but I love the entries. Saw them on FB last night and voted for many of them. So much talent. Took me quite a long time to scroll through all of them. I was disappointed though when I saw some of the comments people posted.
    I am actually avoiding the comments.... I might read them later, but don't want to be unduly influenced while voting. I hope to finish up this afternoon....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just as each new quilt and project becomes a chance to stretch and learn, I am sure each new venture for the Doan's can be, too. I did enter. I did learn an amazing amount from this project. I would love to win, but the odds are not in my favor and that is okay. I enjoyed the process, well.....most of the time. I did complete a large quilt. I have a beautiful gift ready early. I entered a large contest when I really wasn't sure I was capable. I am not at the bottom of the heap in votes. It is all good. And....I will do this again and bring my new knowledge along to improve each time. Isn't that what quilting and life is really about....improving and doing better each day? And having fun along the way! Good luck to all that entered!

16. Thanks jingleme thanked for this post