Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 67
  1. #41
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    5,426
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: I'M IN A FIGHTING MOOD

    Quote Originally Posted by tdimitrov77 View Post
    I am feeling so horrible now...this is such a big mess... and I now have remarks on my quilt saying that I did not use all of the fabric...Just because I used other materials in my quilt...I did in fact use 2 full charm packs to make my quilt....why does everyone have to be so mean? I wish I never entered...I was so excited...and now I am in tears because I worked so hard on this....and not because I don't have very many votes....it's the reason people are not voting for me....because the assume because my quilt looks different than the others...that I did it wrong. I wish you all the best of luck in the contest...I voted for many of the quilts myself. This was my first time entering a contest and will be my last as well.
    Don't let the disorganization of one contest steer you from entering another one. Not all quilting contest happen this way. I think it's amazing that each of you accomplished entering in time, considering the time of year it is.

    Now on your quilt, ugly remarks are going to happen especially outside of this Forum. I'm sorry to say that many quilters from traditional forums aren't that nice, I can't count the ones I've left because of Quilting Police attitude. I'm sure that your quilt is lovely and if you say you used 2 charm packs I believe you. Sadly there's no background info on the entries such as qualifying elements. Don't let the nay-sayers get to you, keep quilting and re-enter your quilt in other contests. Many folks do that. Good luck.

    Huggers, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

  2. #42
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kearns, Utah
    Posts
    7,565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: I'M IN A FIGHTING MOOD

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat n bull View Post
    My big girl panties are ON!

    BIG girls don't just sit down and shut up like mindless sheep when a highly advertised contest changes AFTER the date it was set to start!

    This is not a charity event. We were not GIVEN materials to enter this contest. We purchased them in good faith that the stated RULES would equally apply to ALL and the structure of the contest was something we decided to participate in.

    How can you claim ANYONE chose to enter this contest when the contest is NOT what it was advertised to be?

    The attitude that we should all just silently accept WHATEVER kind of decisions and rule changes and platform changes the organizers decide to impose AFTER the start date has me spewing!

    Ungrateful? What is there to be grateful for? This is a CONTEST that cost time and money to enter, it is not some sort of GIFT we should all be so happy to have received!
    Thank You Cathryn!!!
    ~Kathy~

  3. Thanks bellasnanny247 thanked for this post
  4. #43
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kearns, Utah
    Posts
    7,565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: I'M IN A FIGHTING MOOD

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat n bull View Post
    Thank you for the compliments on my quilt.

    And I certainly didn't say ANYTHING at all yesterday, so that portion of your comment certainly does not apply to me.

    As for today's unhappy postings, this contest has been a LARGE part of these forums since the day it was announced. It is not at all extraordinary to have the discussion of it continue on, especially since it has changed at the last minute. Twice now.

    Not everything that happens is wonderful and peachy, and when it happens to take place in a community where so many are affected, it is just natural to discuss how dismayed we feel about the changes AFTER we decided the rules and platform were something we wanted to participate in.

    You yourself decided to voice your own very negative feelings, you felt that it was appropriate to do so and took the time to type them out.

    It is no different than anyone else decide to voice their own negative feelings directly to the group of people most connected to the situation causing it.
    Double Thank You! Thank You! You go girl!!!!
    ~Kathy~

  5. Thanks bellasnanny247 thanked for this post
  6. #44
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: I'M IN A FIGHTING MOOD

    Quote Originally Posted by tdimitrov77 View Post
    I am feeling so horrible now...this is such a big mess... and I now have remarks on my quilt saying that I did not use all of the fabric...Just because I used other materials in my quilt...I did in fact use 2 full charm packs to make my quilt....why does everyone have to be so mean? I wish I never entered...I was so excited...and now I am in tears because I worked so hard on this....and not because I don't have very many votes....it's the reason people are not voting for me....because the assume because my quilt looks different than the others...that I did it wrong. I wish you all the best of luck in the contest...I voted for many of the quilts myself. This was my first time entering a contest and will be my last as well.
    Name:  an internet hug.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  4.7 KB please don't let nasty comments affect you that way. just getting a project done & entered was a major accomplishment!!!! I didn't see any at all that weren't beautifully done by talented people!! If yours is anything like mine, the Lovely fabrics kinda disappeared- they just didn't show up very well in the picture. I used almost 3 packs, & you really can't tell where it all went. there will always be people out there with nasty things to say...just try to let it run off you like water off of a duck's back.

  7. #45
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kearns, Utah
    Posts
    7,565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: I'M IN A FIGHTING MOOD

    What's that old saying about kicking a gift horse in the mouth? If I were the wheels behind this wonderful forum I would definitely sit back and laugh while pulling the plug today and NEVER look back.

    That would not be very good marketing now would it? The tech guy whom we all know and love is a world traveler...how do you think he does this?!!!
    They have not "gifted" this contest....yes they are hard working and have earned every cent they have ever made!
    And as far as prizes go....the top prize is valued at $800.....this is why I decided NOT to stress to the finish...I quit, wasn't worth it to me! Thousands of dollars in prizes? We're not even talking 10 Grand....Maybe 5 Grand....

    I knew there would be some really great quilters with super beautiful quilts and I was right.
    As far as this being a friendly forum....it can be...but I have been the receipient of the dark side and the cliques who don't like when I say my piece!
    I wondered why the "PLUG" was not pulled a long time ago with all the nastiness I have seen....I now know that would not have been good marketing either!
    ~Kathy~

  8. #46
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: I'M IN A FIGHTING MOOD

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    I hope I don't normally come on here spouting fire and brimstone, but the numerous threads this morning regarding the Iron Quilter contest have me spewing . . . and I am truly ashamed of calling some of the posters on here 'friends'. I have never seen a more ungrateful bunch of whiners and can't believe you have found so many inane things about which to B-itch and moan.

    The choice was yours whether or not you entered the Iron Quilter contest. No one twisted your arm and no one made you sweat and cry to get your entry in on time. And now the photos aren't up for viewing soon enough for you? There are way too many entries to scroll through? You hate it because the organizers tried to make the voting more accessible to everyone? You hate it because the organizers are now trying to make it accessible to you because you don't want to sign up for another provider? Yadda yadda yadda.

    PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND DEAL WITH IT.

    What's that old saying about kicking a gift horse in the mouth? If I were the wheels behind this wonderful forum I would definitely sit back and laugh while pulling the plug today and NEVER look back.

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND PEACE THE WORLD AROUND! We can start here at home.
    Sandy, I truly love this Forum and think of it as my second home and when theres problems here I really try to stay out of the negativity discussions and to do so today I've had to stay off here most of today even though I'd loved to have been around. This being said....I agree with you 100%, I can't believe that something that should be so much fun has been turned into something that seems to have brought the worst in some people. Guess its human nature...but that's NO excuse. I'm glad I didn't enter anything in this contest and I hope for everyones sakes that MSQC doesn't decide to NEVER have this contest again because of some unhappy people. JUST MY OPINION...Genny
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

  9. #47
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kauai
    Posts
    21,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: I'M IN A FIGHTING MOOD

    Quote Originally Posted by LaNiece View Post
    Sandy, this has been kind of frustrating, I have been at work all day having friends ask me how to vote, and I don't even know how to vote. I have lost votes since all this. I now have less votes than I did this morning. I think people are tired and weary and we really don't deserve to be called bitches. We did enter of our own free will and choice, and tried to follow rules, but really to call everyone names.....not nice.
    She did not call anyone a bitch. Where the heck did you get that from? Bitch and moan is just a phrase for complaining.

    I think people should stop stirring the pot before someone really gets hurt.



    Lorie

  10. #48
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Posts
    15,190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: I'M IN A FIGHTING MOOD

    Wow...I just saw this and am dumbfounded. I have been busy all day, and had no idea all of this was going on. If I might just add a couple of things here. First I did not stress, or fret, or put hours and hours in my quilt, and have not complained about any of it at all. Secondly, as far as the popularity thing on FB. You can share all you want, but if you are not 'subscribed' to your 1700 friends, they won't see it. Let's all just chill, and see how things go. The last I checked, I believe Granny Judy was in the lead
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

    Marilyn......

  11. #49
    UN-Biased

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: I'M IN A FIGHTING MOOD

    I am also not one to complain but...I am going to make some valid points. I was under the mistaken impression that you had to use at least one charm pack from the lovely line in your "quilted" project. This means that it should have been "quilted" and finished (binding too). The projects that did not meet those guidelines should never have been put in the contest. Those who entered items that clearly did not meet the guidelines....shame on you. I have enough faith in MQSC to do the right thing in this situation.

    Secondly, the fact that we are rounding up friends and family to vote on our projects is not the professional way to judge a contest.

    My entry is my first attempt at applique, a disappearing nine patch combined with set on point. This is also only my fourth quilt. I entered this contest solely because I could really use a new machine but can't afford one at this point.

    I followed the rules and nevertheless, I won in my heart by doing the right thing. I am still a happy quilter

  12. #50
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    All over the USA!
    Posts
    3,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: I'M IN A FIGHTING MOOD

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanato7 View Post
    I am thrilled, almost beyond words! I'm a relative newbie here and did not submit an IQ, nor even thought about it. I read all the struggles and angst during the past two months, actually wondering if it was worth it, considering the all-time-consuming advent of the holiday season. However, the camaraderie and commiseration served a purpose, judging by the number of entries and the expert interpretation of the necessary fabrics.

    As I read today's posts, I couldn't help drop my jaw in total amazement!! Wasn't this supposed to be FUN??? I didn't feel that I was "eligible" for any comments on this issue, considering my being a novice in this forum. I'm not out to make enemies, nor blow smoke. Can't help but wonder if any of the "unhappies" would be happier if M* (the one that made this whole thing possible) didn't run the IQ contest!? Nothing to squabble about, right?! Yes, y'all purchased the charms and yardage, but I'll bet you'd have done that anyway - perhaps buying fabric that appealed to you a little more. No harm, no foul.

    I get nervous when I read so much negativity on a "friendly" forum, and wonder if I did the right thing by joining (or posting)!
    Oh hon -- I just got up from my first OMG sleeping 12 hours and this is the first I've heard about ANYTHING!! But you are right the camaraderie on this forum is what I come here for!! Even if we whine about how hard it was, we whined together about the mis-sized charms LOL Personally I didn't like this fabric much (loved the swirly deep wine and blue), but only bought it for the contest and the Push to make something out of my ability. I am thrilled to be part of this, and hope you stay because personally I find the LOVE and friendship in here (while at times may be trying), is well worth it. Now I've got to go see what the big deal is??

    Yes, Please Stay!! We are encouraging folks for the most part - Any contest I'm sure brings the worst out in folks -- That said, I do not know any rules that got changed last minute -- to add it to Google + is good? But if they let entries in that did NOT follow the original rules (which were only 1 charm at least from "Lovely") now that would be upsetting to say the least

    :-Debbie the optimistic
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

    RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

    Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •