Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'M IN A FIGHTING MOOD

I'm happy for all those that took the time and money to enter in this contest. I chose not to enter for various reasons. That being said I would like to see less posts about IQ and more that are back to the usual forum topics.
    I did look at the google page, but was overwhelmed with all the entries.
    Good luck to all who entered and the changes are kinda like gas prices, accept them or not, but there isn't anything you can do about it so move on.
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cat n bull View Post
    My big girl panties are ON!

BIG girls don't just sit down and shut up like mindless sheep when a highly advertised contest changes AFTER the date it was set to start!

This is not a charity event. We were not GIVEN materials to enter this contest. We purchased them in good faith that the stated RULES would equally apply to ALL and the structure of the contest was something we decided to participate in.

How can you claim ANYONE chose to enter this contest when the contest is NOT what it was advertised to be?

The attitude that we should all just silently accept WHATEVER kind of decisions and rule changes and platform changes the organizers decide to impose AFTER the start date has me spewing!

Ungrateful? What is there to be grateful for? This is a CONTEST that cost time and money to enter, it is not some sort of GIFT we should all be so happy to have received!

All you say, Catherine, is quite true. All I am saying is that there's a better place to air the complaints than on a public forum. And, since it has come to the top, YOU of all should probably be the least vocal, because out of all the entries I have seen I believe yours to be the MOST creative, complicated design, and most spectacular. I had no doubts about you walking away with the winning quilt prize - hands down . . . but the comments here yesterday and today will probably cause you to lose many well-deserved votes. And that's sad.

My two cents - take it for what it is worth.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    All you say, Catherine, is quite true. All I am saying is that there's a better place to air the complaints than on a public forum. And, since it has come to the top, YOU of all should probably be the least vocal, because out of all the entries I have seen I believe yours to be the MOST creative, complicated design, and most spectacular. I had no doubts about you walking away with the winning quilt prize - hands down . . . but the comments here yesterday and today will probably cause you to lose many well-deserved votes. And that's sad.

My two cents - take it for what it is worth.
    I don't agree with this at all Sandy, to try to influence people not to "Like" Cat n Bull's quilt is wrong of you. I'm sorry that you feel to stoop that low to get your "Opinion" across. (SMH)
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOffItsMine View Post
    I don't agree with this at all Sandy, to try to influence people not to "Like" Cat n Bull's quilt is wrong of you. I'm sorry that you feel to stoop that low to get your "Opinion" across. (SMH)
    I read it as her praising that quilt and just saying it was too bad that some might be influenced by all the posts lately, not by any one person
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How long does this contest run?!?
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

After great searching, both on this site and FB, I finally found a link on FB to view all the quilts at the Google site. However, I see no option of voting for anything there. Is there something I am missing??
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    All I am saying is that there's a better place to air the complaints than on a public forum.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this statement, especially since the majority of the time no one from MSQC reads the forums, and that is who you should contact with any complaints.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

why doesn't someone start an IQ group. Then all those that have entered and anyone who wants to read all about it can go there.
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Let's let this settle for a day, OK.

If you put your time effort and money into creating a quilt worthy of winning an expensive prize, then you should be wanting the voting to be conducted fairly. If I'm not mistaken, the last Iron Quilter contest 2 years ago had angst about the voting also. I was a real newbie then, and didn't really get it all, but now I think I get it. These things (such as how a vote will be taken) should be well thought out in advance of the contest. It appears that a good plan was in place, but didn't work out for everyone, then the plan changed, then it was put back into place. This is confusing to the contestants and those looking forward to voting. Since there are no names on the quilts, it can't be a popularity contest.

My take on the subject is now I have a beautiful quilt to cherish, whether or not it is an award winning quilt. I had challenges along the way, but found a way to finish regardless. No project worth doing is without challenges. This is how we learn to do better the next time. There are so many beautiful creations worthy of top honors, it is hard to see how anyone can decide which ones to vote for. And so many people participated, that number blew me away!

And forum friends are the best, so let's not break friendships over this. It is a pretty big deal to those who labored to finish their creation that things be done fairly, but this too will pass, and we'll all live through it.

10. Thanks stitching woman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doloris View Post
    I read it as her praising that quilt and just saying it was too bad that some might be influenced by all the posts lately, not by any one person
    Sorry Doloris but I don't read it that way at all, more like passive aggressive since Sandy started this thread and is isolating one individual.
    Last edited by HandsOffItsMine; December 2nd, 2013 at 04:32 PM.
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby