Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Let the voting begin!

I have a G+ account and I don't see any option to vote. I showed my husband and he doesn't see anything either. Does anyone have any ideas?

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with shemur. Changing the rules is not a good thing. Not everyone has or wants a Google account either. And I also agree that one of the draws for me was that it would take place on Facebook. That's were I communicate with all my friends and family. If they have to set up (or upgrade to) a Google+ account in order to vote, they are not going to be happy. It's a busy time of year and "liking" a photo on Facebook is just a couple of key strokes. Having to access a website and deal with Google is a hassle and will deter people from voting.

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really upset. They merely traded one form of social media for another, and if it hadn't been for this post, I wouldn't have even known about it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laura F View Post
    Good morning Jean. Where did you find this link for the voting? If it was not for you, I would not have known that the voting is taking place on Google. I am also upset that they changed the place of voting. Are there more instructions on voting.... 1 per day per IP address, 1 per IP address for the whole week? Thank you for any help you can give. Have a blessed day.
    Laura, it came in the newsletter to my email address, which a lot of peopke say they can't get sent to them. I found out that if you voted once for a quilt, the number turns red. If you click it again, it erases the last vote. I seem to remember that the last time they ran this contest, people were voting constantly for the entry they wanted to win( frend, family, participants). They had to do something different this time to keep that from happening. So, I don't know if you get one shot at voting per IP address per day or only once or what. Very scarce on details for how this works. I think you can share from the Google + and I think it goes to Facebook.

ADVICE TO MSQC--When you set up a contest with big prizes, you'd better figure out all the pitfalls BEFORE you start, then don't change the rules! And I sent my entry in on Nov. 14, way before the deadline, and my quilt is #426 out of 453, so that's my whine for the day. My entry is basically buried, but it is doing OK, so I'll quit whining.

Good luck to everyone, and enjoy, don't be mad!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to everyone that's entered the Iron Quilter, I'm sure that all your entries are beautiful! Genny
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by verenaerin View Post
    I have a G+ account and I don't see any option to vote. I showed my husband and he doesn't see anything either. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Sign in, then the numbers come up under each picture. Click on the number to vote. You can put it on scroll ( only 100 at a time, I found out! Except the first 200 scroll, then it's every 100.). If you are scrolling, you can vote by clicking the WHITE number. If you click a red number it means you already voted, and it cancels your previous vote.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just copy this to FB in a status update, then your friends can see your quilt and have the link to vote. They will need a Google account to vote.

For more than two months, Iron Quilter hopefuls have toiled laboriously to finish their lovely projects (no pun intended). After many hours of stitching (and ripping I’m sure , hundreds of projects have been submitted. The goal: to become the world’s next IRON QUILTER! There are thousands of dollars of prizes up for grabs, which will go to six lucky winners, but there can only be ONE Iron Quilter. And the only way these cavalier quilters can win is with YOUR help.

Yes, the submission period for projects has closed, but EVERYONE can participate in the voting. Here’s how to vote:

1) Go to http://msqc.co/ironquilter the album where we’ve uploaded all the submissions. (we opted for a google album rather than a facebook album since we had many people concerned about not having or wanting a facebook account, sorry for any hassle!)

2) To vote on a project, login first, then click on an individual photo from the album and then "+1" it. Each "+1" will count as one vote. Feel free to comment on and share any of the projects, although doing this will not count as an extra vote - only +1's are counted. You may vote on ("+1") as many or as few projects as you want!

3) Voting will run until the 8th of December at midnight (CST).

4) The 25 projects with the most votes will go on to the final round of voting. Jenny also possesses three "saves", which she may or may not use. This means that she has the option to choose three deserving projects that didn't make the top 25 to be included in the final round of voting.

5) Once the top 25 projects (possibly 28 if Jenny saves three) are determined, we will have the final round of voting to decide the next Iron Quilter!

8. Thanks Bethy thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Sign in, then the numbers come up under each picture. Click on the number to vote. You can put it on scroll ( only 100 at a time, I found out! Except the first 200 scroll, then it's every 100.). If you are scrolling, you can vote by clicking the WHITE number. If you click a red number it means you already voted, and it cancels your previous vote.
    Thanks Jean. Looks like I had a google account, just not G+. So I updated that and was able to vote.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm narrowed down to my top 47 picks, hahaha. So much beauty, I am amazed with the fantastic creations shown there.
    Miss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

It looks to me that most of those projects that don't meet the requirements are getting votes! What's with that??? It shouldn't have been that hard t delete those projects when the album was set up. I've also noticed that, as a group, the bottom third, has lots less total votes than the upper 2/3. People are getting tired of looking by the time they reach the middle? Will the order be reversed at mid week??