Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you ever sew Clothing? This is a great spot to learn Pattern advice

I love sewing clothing and quilting (and home decor in general)

I joined this website called Pattern Review a few years and enjoy checking out what issues new or Vintage patterns have before I buy them.

You can join for free and they all sew everything from Ball room dancing gowns to Home Decor and more.

Here is our Gallery of the contest I'm managing until midnight Nov. 30th (there are still Europeans sewing!), but it's a Vintage Pattern contest and I made a Vintage dress and Bolo jacket for this same contest last year. Tons of fun wearing that out to dinner

Thought I'd share this link so you can see what other Vintage Patterns people are making - Enjoy

Contest Photo Gallery

:-Debbie
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do you ever sew Clothing? This is a great spot to learn Pattern advice

Thanks for the link, I started sewing clothes and still makes clothes and curtains all the time!

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do you ever sew Clothing? This is a great spot to learn Pattern advice

I love that site as well-love the sewing machine review feature. I've added a fun BBC series I found via Craftsy

Sewing Bee Ep.1 - YouTube

Lisa

4. Thanks Lilly thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

In between working on quilt projects, hubby asked if I could make some boxer type shorts for a friend at the fitness club. The gentlemen is on the larger side, and he supplied the fabrics. Am posting a photo of the most recently completed pair-my first time doing a button fly-LOL! The other pair was a flame print of reds,yellows,oranges on black background.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00045.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	211.1 KB 
ID:	66076

Lisa

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Darn it Lisa; now I am hooked watching the British sewing contest. I used to make some things because my Mom was a great seamstress and I learned alot from her. I never came close to being any good at it though, so I stopped sewing clothing years ago; never could conquer the sleeves. I wasn't as interested when I was younger either. I love watching this show and how each person tackles the challenges. I may have to start sewing again for the grandkids. I think some of their dresses are doable. Thank you for the link!
    Linda
    "Home is where they love you"

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Linda-the contestant on that show, Ann Rowley has joined Leah Day's Building Blocks Quilt Along! She is like a celebrity and it's so fun that she's working on the same project many of us are doing. She did so many amazing things on that show.

Lisa

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This was fun! Thanks for the link
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I still have to watch who gets into the finals. I am halfway through the semifinals; So far I have picked the right ones to leave; we will see if I can pick the final winner. I sent you a message about Leah's Quilt Along.
    Linda
    "Home is where they love you"

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bellasnanny247 View Post
    I love that site as well-love the sewing machine review feature. I've added a fun BBC series I found via Craftsy

Sewing Bee Ep.1 - YouTube
    The Sewing Bee youtube was great... I'm glad they have shows like that ... Actually, I skimmed throug all 4 episodes yesterday, and want to see the Christmas special when it comes out on youtube!