Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: IRON QUILTS us Forum Members Made - Please Support us and go Vote on Facebook!

How incredible and talented everyone is. Mine is simple but it is what sprung to my mind when I saw the fabric and I am happy with it even knowing it will never win anything. It is proudly displayed on the end of the quest bed.
    AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGG, my photo won't upload. I have done photos many times in the past but today and yesterday they won't work, what is up with that?
    Edited to try another way.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1346541&type=1
    Last edited by Claire Hallman; December 1st, 2013 at 03:37 PM.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: IRON QUILTS us Forum Members Made - Please Support us and go Vote on Facebook!

WOW! Such beautiful quilts! There is fantastic talent in our group here!!

I finally got mine finished yesterday and was lucky to get a photo before it got dark. This is the largest quilt I have made so far at 92" x 92". I had to do a split batting technique so I could quilt the center portion on my domestic sewing machine and then batted and quilted all the remaining borders after the center was done. I LOVE the fabric and purple is one my colors so it was so much fun seeing this come together. I decided to add extra batting behind the center pinwheel blocks and also the purple flower border so it has a nice "puffy" dimensional texture. I was really pushing to meet the deadline and still may decide to do some more free motion quilting around the appliques later, but for now I am just thrilled it is done!

Good Luck and Congratulations to EVERYONE!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IQ QUILT PIC FOR SUBMISSION FOR FORUM POST.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	62095

Name:	IQ QUILT ON BERM FOR FORUM POST.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	62096
    Last edited by Sewbee; December 1st, 2013 at 03:29 PM.
    Linda
    -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

3. Thanks countrywench, bhaggerty thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Born and raised in WA.State. I live 1/2 way between Seattle, WA. and Portland, OR.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: IRON QUILTS us Forum Members Made - Please Support us and go Vote on Facebook!

Cathryn, How in the world did you do those borders with all the scrolls. I have never seen anything so Stunning!!!! Can you give us lessons???? How long did it take you to do this?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sewbee View Post
    WOW! Such beautiful quilts! There is fantastic talent in our group here!!

I finally got mine finished yesterday and was lucky to get a photo before it got dark. This is the largest quilt I have made so far at 92" x 92". I had to do a split batting technique so I could quilt the center portion on my domestic sewing machine and then batted and quilted all the remaining borders after the center was done. I LOVE the fabric and purple is one my colors so it was so much fun seeing this come together. I decided to add extra batting behind the center pinwheel blocks and also the purple flower border so it has a nice "puffy" dimensional texture. I was really pushing to meet the deadline and still may decide to do some more free motion quilting around the appliques later, but for now I am just thrilled it is done!

Good Luck and Congratulations to EVERYONE!

Name:	IQ QUILT PIC FOR SUBMISSION FOR FORUM POST.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	62095

Name:	IQ QUILT ON BERM FOR FORUM POST.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	62096
    this is just beautiful, Linda!

9 Patch Princess

Born and raised in WA.State. I live 1/2 way between Seattle, WA. and Portland, OR.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cathryn, How in the world did you do those borders with all the scrolls. I have never seen anything so Stunning!!!! Can you give us lessons???? How long did it take you to do this?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanFasano View Post
    Thank you Jan!

The borders are applique. I just made a paper pattern, then cut out the fabric with super sharp scissors, then used Elmer's glue to hold it down so I could stitch it.

This quilt took about 120 hours total.
    Cathryn

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

What beautiful quilts. I was very proud of my king-sized "lovely meandering faded falling in love" quilt until I saw the other quilts. I have a LOT to learn before I enter another challenge. How do I go vote for these quilts? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iron quilt challenge.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	62099

9. Thanks bhaggerty thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Every single quilt is stunning!! I love simple quilting designs every bit as much as I do the intricate ones! You are all so creative and talented!!
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
    What beautiful quilts. I was very proud of my king-sized "lovely meandering faded falling in love" quilt until I saw the other quilts. I have a LOT to learn before I enter another challenge. How do I go vote for these quilts? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iron quilt challenge.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	62099
    That is a very cool way to play with the color values in the fabric line. You should be proud of this, it is very well done!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful! What is that block called? You did a wonderful job!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit