Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has everyone been checking the blog this week??

Did you know that the girls at the shop have been posting tutorials EVERY DAY??? Cruise on over and check out the turnover tutorials that they have posted...today was a wonderful tutorial by Jennie on how to do a faux stack and whack....gonna have to try that one...it looks GREAT!!

so head on over to the blog and check out what's "sewing" on!!
    Michele

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Has everyone been checking the blog this week??

The blog is great! My favorite is the Kansas Winter table topper. I never really liked Kansas Winter before, but now that I've seen how nice it can be, I think I might just order some.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

I love the tutorials but for a begnner who needs a recipe for everything that she makes, it would help me if I could get the directions from the tutorial by printing them out. I can't write that fast.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    I love the tutorials but for a begnner who needs a recipe for everything that she makes, it would help me if I could get the directions from the tutorial by printing them out. I can't write that fast.
    That's what I love about the tutorials.... I watch them over and over again ! lol Plus the precuts are fabulous ... no cutting, which I hate ! good luck !

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post

This is a slowly evolving ongoing project for us here. We have started taking the tutorials and putting them "on paper" so that they can be printed out...but it's going to take a while.
    Michele

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Okay so I feel really dense here. I went to the "Quilter's Cutting Taable Blog" and the only video I saw was the one from the beginning of the week where the girls had gotten back from Sweden (really cute!) But I don't see any tutorials there. So then I checked out the tutorials and didn't see the "faux stack and wack" tutorial. Am I not where you are talking about?

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Love the blog! Love Midsummar in Sweden -- hope I get to go there sometime. I'm from a tiny Swedish American town in Illinois and we learned Swedish folk dancing as kids.

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
    Okay so I feel really dense here. I went to the "Quilter's Cutting Taable Blog" and the only video I saw was the one from the beginning of the week where the girls had gotten back from Sweden (really cute!) But I don't see any tutorials there. So then I checked out the tutorials and didn't see the "faux stack and wack" tutorial. Am I not where you are talking about?
    Hi -- I'm new to the blog thing, too. I think the thread post we're on now iis originally from 2009, and this is what they're talking about: Try looking at the Stack and Whack tutorial under Tutorials on the website. It is a great pattern using turnovers -- that's what makes it faux, I guess, because you don't have to stack or whack the turnovers -- it's already done! I really want to try this one, but no time yet.
    P.S. I went to Deming, NM once. Liked it a lot there.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

YAY! Thanks for the heads-up! I've been wondering where they'd be ... *happy dancing*

p.s. I have been checking the blog, just don't know how to get around on it *blush, snort*
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Has everyone been checking the blog this week??

Check out the youtube hint about the friendship braid, done with the binding tool for the template. Jenny is brilliant as usual!!! Thank you Jenny.