• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fabriclovr
    Designer Diva
    • Apr 2012

Re: Iron Quilt Done???

Mine is a wall quilt. It is done and in as of last weekend. Here is a picture.. I couldn't wait to show you all!!

Distorted Dresden.jpg

Now you really didn't think I would show you the real thing did you? This is the real quilt.. just tweaked a little by Photoshop hhehehehe
    Just One More Yard - Blog
    Just One More Yard - Craftsy

A clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine!

Comment

• Sewbee
      The Guild President
      • Sep 2010

Finally finished my IQ top last night! Ran errands today and found a nice coordinating fabric for the backing. Hope to piece the backing tonight and put the sandwich together tomorrow. Planning on a quilting marathon for the next several days and hoping I can get the binding done with a day or two to spare for taking photos. This has been quite a challenge for sure, but I always enjoy the creative side of designing a quilt. It helps that I think the Lovely line is beautiful fabric!!

My little helper will celebrate her 21st birthday next June and is less interested in my sewing now. She used to like to sleep under the sewing table but with her arthritis she doesn't go up and downstairs much anymore. She is still a real sweetheart and cuddler at bedtime though.

SOCKS WITH HAIR.jpg
      Linda
      -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

• Cat n bull
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Fabriclovr View Post
        Mine is a wall quilt. It is done and in as of last weekend. Here is a picture.. I couldn't wait to show you all!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61541[/ATTACH]

Now you really didn't think I would show you the real thing did you? This is the real quilt.. just tweaked a little by Photoshop hhehehehe
        LOL! You tease!
        Cathryn

Comment

• Cat n bull
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by HdWench View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61474[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]61475[/ATTACH]
          I do LOVE your Quilting Kitty!
          Cathryn

Comment

• momtutor
            Binding Belle
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Sewbee View Post
            Finally finished my IQ top last night! Ran errands today and found a nice coordinating fabric for the backing. Hope to piece the backing tonight and put the sandwich together tomorrow. Planning on a quilting marathon for the next several days and hoping I can get the binding done with a day or two to spare for taking photos. This has been quite a challenge for sure, but I always enjoy the creative side of designing a quilt. It helps that I think the Lovely line is beautiful fabric!!

My little helper will celebrate her 21st birthday next June and is less interested in my sewing now. She used to like to sleep under the sewing table but with her arthritis she doesn't go up and downstairs much anymore. She is still a real sweetheart and cuddler at bedtime though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61542[/ATTACH]
            I used to have a Kitty that looked just like her. His name was Spunky, and he would lay on anything I was doing, work, sewing , papers...What a beauty.
            Michele

She who dies with the biggest fabric stash wins.....:icon_razz:

Life just seems to get in the way of quilting.

Comment

• momtutor
              Binding Belle
              • Sep 2013

I AM FINISHED !!! And I LOVE IT.....I chose to do the IQ challenge because the LOVELY fabric are my favorite colors, so I knew even if I did not win or get many votes, I would have a quilt for myself with colors I love. I have made many quilts, but this is the First one I will be keeping.

I am very proud of it. Now I can breath and relax over Thanksgiving....then finish up Christmas gifts...
              Michele

Comment

• SuzyQue
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2010

Binding, binding, binding........just how huge is this thing anyway???????

Comment

• momtutor
                  Binding Belle
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by momtutor View Post
                  I AM FINISHED !!! And I LOVE IT.....I chose to do the IQ challenge because the LOVELY fabric are my favorite colors, so I knew even if I did not win or get many votes, I would have a quilt for myself with colors I love. I have made many quilts, but this is the First one I will be keeping.

I am very proud of it. Now I can breath and relax over Thanksgiving....then finish up Christmas gifts...
                  And my picture is submitted.......I was wondering, are we able to send them more pictures to show close ups of our quilting and our backing? It states our first picture is the one for the contest. Is anyone else thinking about submitting more to show detail
                  Michele

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by momtutor View Post
                    And my picture is submitted.......I was wondering, are we able to send them more pictures to show close ups of our quilting and our backing? It states our first picture is the one for the contest. Is anyone else thinking about submitting more to show detail
                    From what I read, it was the first picture you submitted and that was all you get! When you win, please post your closeups!

Comment

• Jersey girl
                      Shiny Thimble
                      • Aug 2013

Here's Buddy inspecting some of my work.
                      My quilt is done and I uploaded it this morning. I had a lot of fun working on it. I am new to the quilting world. Good luck everyone!
                      image.jpg
                      Hope that worked

Comment

• Tapestry
                        Prairie Pointer
                        • Oct 2012

Jersey girl, that is beautiful!

Comment

• AuntieVic
                          The Guild President
                          • Jul 2013

Got mine done, and now need good pictures to send in. Tomorrow will be photo day around here. I enjoyed playing with the Lovely line, and I too will be keeping mine.

Good luck to everyone, I can't wait to see everyone's entries.
                          Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

• HdWench
                            Missouri Star
                            • Oct 2012

Jersey Girl it's Beautiful!! And so glad you have Cat approval, always important for the last inspection :-)

Mine WILL get quilted this weekend it WILL it WILL hehehe
                            Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

• JanFasano
                              9 Patch Princess
                              • May 2013

Sure glad I am not the only one to rush to the finish line. This quilt has been the most difficult. Remember that old saying? " What can go wrong----Will." Yep, that is me on this one.

Do you think they will put our names on our quilts? I have no idea how this is suppose to work. Our friends will not know how to find each of our quilts without names. Just curious.

I adore this line of fabric---so I am doing another one. Then I ordered the Jelly Roll that went with it. I have so many ideas. I am thinking of painting my living room to go with the quilt. O.K. I know I am weird. LOL.

I just need to finish up the quilting and then the dreaded binding.

Good luck everyone.

Comment

• shermur
                                Missouri Star
                                • Mar 2013

IQ status...the quilting is done, the binding is done; all that is left is a light washing, press and photo to submit tomorrow!!!!!!

I do hope to hand quilt some more on the hot air balloon quilt in the frame and get it closer to being done!!!! thank goodness this next week is short at work and more quilting can be done next weekend!!!!!
                                Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X