Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Iron Quilt Done???

I have 4 "helpers", 2 cats and 2 dogs. The one in the picture is Gibbs who likes to help the most. I was sitting on the spare bed in my sewing room, sewing the binding on a wall hanging when this picture was taken. You bet if I lay fabric out on my table he will jump up to have a look and give his opinion. Dexter my other cat and the 2 dogs, Jack Russell x Bonnie and Bella are happy just to lie by the window when I am in my sewing room.
    I have finished my IQ quilt apart from the hand sewing of the binding. I too did my own pattern which changed 3 times, I am happy with it but not with my actual quilting. It was a struggle for me as I have not quilted anything bigger than a baby quilt before, this one is a twin size. Oh well I will enter it anyway and will be pleased if somebody besides me votes for it. I can't wait to see all the entries,

Robyn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	61371  
    ​Robyn

2. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Still working on mine... and I have 2 helpers as well.... a Momma and Baby kitty.... although Baby is 4 years old...lol here they are helping

4. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

oops didn't attach...hmpffff.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Still quilting......and wrestling....and wishing I was down to the binding!! No helpers here!

7. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I would have finished it this past weekend....But , I had one of those "my mother said there would be days like this" not a good quilting day on Saturday. No matter what I did on my quilt, it just was not a day to be sewing....... it did not look good, my quilting design did not stitch out right, (even after perfect practice squares), my thread kept breaking, ......so I am almost finished. I have borders to quilt and binding to do. I am anxious to finish it and post my picture. It will be fun to see what everyone has done.
    Michele

She who dies with the biggest fabric stash wins.....

Life just seems to get in the way of quilting.

9. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I have mine sandwiched, started the FMQ, but I'm having trouble seeing my stencil lines. I really like using the pounce powder, but I bought the blue chalk, which doesn't show up well on all the purple and blue colors in this fabric line. So I ordered the pink powder, and it just came in the mail yesterday. 18 cents shipping from Jo-Ann's (available only online.) I hope to try to get more quilting done although my time is starting to get tight with other things going on. I noticed I have a tiny pucker on the back of my quilt, not sure if I should rip or just ignore it. Maybe that's where the quilt label will go?

11. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Born and raised in WA.State. I live 1/2 way between Seattle, WA. and Portland, OR.
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh--so happy to here about others in the finally Race!! The design I chose is awesome BUT----Now I don't know what color thread to use with all the different colors on it. I only want my quilting to show NOT---take over the design. Been in the thinking stage now for over three days. UGH. Need to make a decision and get with it. LOL. Tried a practice block on my short-long arm quilter and the thread kept breaking. Another UGH. Don't have time to mess with the tensions so back to my regular machine for some long nights of FMQ.

Now my question is: How to take an awesome pic once this "Thing" is finished? Today would be a great day for outside pic as it is cold but Sunny out. However quilt is no way finished for pic yet. I must finish this one as I told all my friends to vote for me. LOL.

Happy Quilting and may all your stitches be even.
    Jan

13. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Still working on mine. Quilting it now.

Here is my helper in her bed in my sewing room: I DO have a picture of her giving my IQ top her pawprint of approval, but that one will have to wait to be shared.
    Cathryn

15. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisapc View Post
    These are my Sewing Room Helpers:

Attachment 61338

LOVE!

Love your dogs, love the stories of their awesome personalities. This was my BIGGEST smile today!

HAHAHAHA! He puts his paw on the foot pedal! That's awesome!
    Cathryn

17. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cathryn, at first glance, I thought your picture was of two dogs. Such a cute pic!

Mine is sandwiched, and I have begun quilting. Can't wait to finish because everything that could go wrong with it has.
    My friends call me Peggy
    The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

19. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post