Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Very First Blocks! LAUGH RIOT!!

I got my space for quilting all set up today. I have everything.. I mean EVERYTHING to start sewing except the fabric. Since I stumbled on to the MSQC, and fell in love with the site and Jenny's instructions, I have purchased all of my fabric from the MSQC.

I purchased it on November 10th! and it is still not here. The tracking info says it wont be here till Tuesday the 22. 12 days for delivery?? Is this always the case? I placed three other daily deals orders since then and they don't even have a tracking number. WHA! Are they always slow to process orders? I guess I'm spoiled with Amazon Prime.

Anyway, I went to Walmart today and bought some yuck fabric just to sew something! Before I even start to quilt, I think it will be worth every dime to use precuts when possible! LMAO. You should see the way this looks! LMAO again.
    But at least I'm on my way.

Looking forward to Tuesday!

Spyder

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Very First Blocks! LAUGH RIOT!!

Spyder welcome tothe forum!!! Shipping and delivery depends on what you ordered, where you are at and stock situation, just like with any mail order/ online order. It is worth the wait though.
    Kellie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's wonderful, that you have your sewing room all set up. If I'm making a new block I always use cheap fabric...I'm not going to practice on my good fabric. Sometimes my orders have taken awhile to get to me but I find other things to do while waiting....practice quilting, making new blocks. Good luck
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are set up and ready to get on with it. Great idea to start out on some yucko fabric. Onward and upward from here.
    HUGS,
    Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your sewing room ready to go. Precuts are very nice, but keep practicing your rotary cutting skills and you'll be able to cut yardage like a pro.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It never occurred to me to make a practice block!!! I always just go for it. And maybe I am odd, but I actually enjoy cutting my fabrics myself. It makes me feel peaceful...or is that pieceful?? hahahaha!!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

7. Thanks Jeannie acton thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    It never occurred to me to make a practice block!!! I always just go for it. And maybe I am odd, but I actually enjoy cutting my fabrics myself. It makes me feel peaceful...or is that pieceful?? hahahaha!!!
    Sometimes I don't....if it's an easy pattern. But if I'm trying a new pattern I make a practice block and really look at it...may make 2 or 3, until I'm happy with it and then I know if I need to pay more attention to matching seams, etc.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Although I use pre-cuts sometimes, I don't mind cutting. I have learned, though, not to cut everything at once. Besides learning that you if you make a mistake on a cut before you sew a block, you are really out of luck . . . I have also found that I enjoy alternating cutting and sewing when there are a large number of blocks to be made to reduce boredom.
    Joan, aka the Unaquilter

"I've never been to heaven, but I've been to Oklahoma."

Learn more about me and my quilts at my blog:

http://debtofgratitude.wordpress.com/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding shipping and no tracking number... Many times mine will be shipped UPS who drops it off at USPS. The. My mailman delivers to me.

I agree with practice blocks first. I have a few set aside and I plan on practice my FMQ on them.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Spyder - WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

All our newbies (as well as some of us oldies but goldies turning silveries) need to remember that Missouri Star has grown by leaps and bounds and being in small-town USA is rated the WORLD'S LARGEST SELLER OF PRECUTS. Next week, the UNIVERSE.

A bit of background - here we have a grassroots company that is family owned and operated and less than 5 years old!!! What they have to offer is nothing less than amazing! In fact, the small town in which they are located, is a population of less than 2,000. And almost all the employable-age folks in that little community work for the company . . . well, maybe not all . . . but a lot of wonderful little town folks who never dreamed of finding any employment unless they left the area, now can raise their families in the quietude of the beautiful Midwest. The Post Office in Hamilton was ready to close it's doors until the M*QC opened - and now they make several runs a day to pick up shipments from Missouri Star's warehouse.

When I joined the forum there were less than 1000 members on the forum - tonight we are just short of 20,000 - and there are quilters around the world who order and subscribe to the newsletter, and stay awake all night just to catch the Daily Deal - way beyond the 20,000 who have found the forum.

There are only so many people who are available for employment in this little town - so you can rave about the fantastic bargains they give you (after all, I've gotten daily deals that were practically FREE) and carry on, or you can wait patiently because you will always be happy with your order.

Sit back and get ready to enjoy your quilting journey with the best little one-horse-town you could have hitched your wagon to. And come here often for lots of encouragement, guidance, friendship, and good feelings - you will learn a lot on your quilting journey.

Oh, and can I be your friend?
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

12. Thanks Jeannie acton, spyderquilt thanked for this post