Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi all just checking in

Hi every one just checking in and looking at all the goodies..life has been very hectic as of late..Still NOT smoking 4+ months now..still working out walking almost 6-7 miles a day now..down 48 pounds....but on the home front its stressful the DH has become insecure and very suspicious and I am about to have a meltdown...
    we have been married 6 1/2 yrs together almost 12...And he has questioned my 20 yr old as to why I am doing this..REALLY???? how about Im 40 and I want to see my grandchildren...
    Sorry didnt mean to vent but I really dont have anywhere else..My 20 yr old thinks I should leave if it continues but with a home involved its easier said than done...time will tell we are gonna sit down very soon....
    On a lighter not I will try to get a pic up soon...((HUGS)) my dear friends
    These things, I warmly wish for you-
    Someone to love, some work to do,
    A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
    And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hi all just checking in

Hi Shannon, it's good to hear from you! Congrats on the no smoking and losing weight. Doing one or the other is hard enough, but doing both at the same time.....is awesome! I'm proud of you. I'm sorry that you are going through this with your hubby. I went through the same thing with my first husband. Every time I got my hair done, put nail polish on, or anything that made me "feel" better, I must have had a motive for doing it. I tried talking to him about it, but he only heard what he wanted to hear. You cannot let his insecurities stop you from doing what is good for you. If he knew that this was something that makes you happy, he should be happy for you. This is only going to make you a better person in the long run. You need to let him know that if you are not happy with yourself, that you can't be happy in other areas of your life. If he can't understand this, then maybe he has some issues of his own that he needs to work on to be happy.
    I wish you luck and will keep you in my prayers that the two of you can work this out.
    Keep up the good work and check back sooner than later!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

(((Shannon)))) Sure have missed you. That is GREAT news, quitting smoking is a bear but walking it off is such a good benefit. What if you told him, I want to exercise so I live long enough to see grandchildren -- Why don't you join me?

I've missed you and hope it get's better at home, that is sad he is not supportive of your Healthy habits!
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

6 to 7 miles a day..........Wow, Shannon that is great! And Yay for you.........smoke free!

You are an inspiration to others. I hope you can make your DH understand why this is so important for you.

Wishing you the best.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Shannon congrats on your healthy life style, losing 48 lbs...WOW...that is great! Hopefully your husband will soon realize that you're doing this for your own self and just be happy for you. Genny
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You are doing amazing. I love that you are taking care of you. It is not uncommon for a man or a woman to become insecure when their spouse who normally puts themselves last learns that by putting themselves first they are taking better care of their family. You are ready to talk about it so I hope it all goes well for you.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

First - Congrats Sharron, Smoke free for so long, lost so much weight and walking 6-7 miles a day! - You Rock Girl!

Second - Ah, Men and their midlife crisis's! Tell him you've had one of your own when you realized if you continued smoking, etc. you wouldn't be here to enjoy growing old with him. That's from someone who is growing old with her DH, he is crabby at times but glad we both are here with and for each other.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Shannon, sounds like you are doing great! Don't let hubby get you down or try to sabotage your weight loss because he is insecure. Ask him if he won't join you, for the good of both of you.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Shannon, I am so proud of you. Tomorrow will be 4 months smoke free for me too. Going the opposite way with the weight though. Ahhh, the insecure DH. Let him know it is not about anything more than you getting healthy. If he thinks it is more than that, then he has a problem. Keep up the good work, and be happy for yourself.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you Marilyn at being smoke free for so long! You are also a Rockin' Gal!