Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Could use a group hug and some prayers....

Long story short I have been off work now for 6 months on short term disability. I finally hit a wall at work and couldn't go on...toxic environment, etc. Anyhow I just got informed on Friday that my application for long term has been denied. My psychologist forgot to mention my depression so the insurance company has decided I can go back to work. I can't. I wouldn't survive mentally. I am appealing the decision but I also learned that although my benefits will carry on while the appeal happens I am not going to get paid. Nothing NADDA.... and the appeal could take up to six months. So I had a major melt down on Friday. My DH is also going thru things with his former employer so I am not trying to burden him with my stuff. It will be very lean for us now...we went from both having well paid jobs to my DH getting just over min. wage part time. We are not bad people...I just don't understand why this is happening to us.... Sorry I just needed to vent....

Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Could use a group hug and some prayers....

prayers being said..Is this a hostile work environment I would also consult an atty if you have any documentation for that..I hope it all works out..(((HUGS)))
    These things, I warmly wish for you-
    Someone to love, some work to do,
    A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
    And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

(((Shauna))), I really feel for you. Working in a toxic place or being in a toxic environment is very unhealthy, as the mental stress starts working it's way into physical problems.

We know about lean times and we too have wondered "why us" as we both had good careers, were middle class, and now struggle on Don's SS and part-time work at minimum wage. Try to remember that things happen to good people, in this economy especially, good/great workers have lost their jobs. It has nothing to do about them, all to do with the bottom line.

Hopefully the appeal process can be moved along quickly, for your psychologist to leave out such an important part as depression is frustrating. See if you can get any help from agencies, don't wait until you've used up all your resources.

For myself, I've had to find things to keep me busy. I've worked long hours all my life, not having anywhere to go was a hard adjustment. Know that you're not alone, we all care about you. You can talk things through with us but make sure you talk to someone when your depression becomes dark.

Prayers and huggers, Ruby and Don
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby said it al, come here and let us know how things are going and vent if you want to, we understand as many of us have been there and done that.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sally, sorry that you & your DH have so much to deal with about the jobs. It has to be frustrating. I hope things work out the way you need them to.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sally, hugs and prayers to you and your husband. Hopefully this will all turn around soon. Genny
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry this is happening to you both. My prayers are with you and don't forget we are here for you.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ah Shauna, so sorry you are having to deal with all this. Being out of work is hard enough to deal with, but I think I'd be wanting to kick my psychologist or poke him really hard with a stick for leaving out that little tidbit, if it were me. Your life could have been so much easier had he been thorough.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear - it is tough to be out of work in the first place but to not be feeling well on top,of that makes for unhappy days. Keep your spirits high for you and hubby. Visit the forum often. Hugs to you both
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

(((((Shauna)))))) Let us help hold you up in our love and prayers for you. You matter to us.
    Miss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!