Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ironing Board Question

I made mine using Jenny's tutorial and I keep it next to my sewing machine. Sometimes when I get tired of sitting, I move it on top of the ironing board and use it there. It's become an essential part of my quilting tools and I couldn't do without it.
    It's all fun and games until the bobbin runs out.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have two - a small one that can hang on a Hanger when we are traveling, yet sets up nicely for small blocks. When I go to iron a larger quilt I use the normal size board and it's still not enough room hahaha I need the exercise of getting up after making blocks, so put my ironing board on the other side of my sewing room - yep, quilting = Exercise to me :-)
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I made one out of an old cabinet door. It is heavy but stays right where I want it. I used an old towel to cover it, then batting and then fabric with fleece on the back to protect my sewing table.. I have to make case for it so I can wash it but other than that it is perfect for what I need. I love the tv table ones though.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I made mine. My husband cut a piece of light weight plywood, I think it was 1/2'' and I wrapped it with an old towel and then made a slip case out of musslin as the out side cover. I have my sewing set up in our bedroom/school room/office so my area is also very limited. My board lays on part of the table/desk and is easy to move off for when I need to put my cutting mat on it for cutting out quilt pieces or batting. It is also very close to my sewing machine for when I need to press seams. I just swing my chair and I am there. I have pics in my album.
    Be blessed,
    Sandy

God has a plan and it is a good plan.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have the end piece of an old wooden CD rack wrapped in a towel that I use for ironing blocks. It's about 7" wide by 24" long, and light weight enough for me to slide right in front of my machine to press rows.

I can't really use my ironing board as it's meant to be used because it's an over-the-door model, and my doors are too tall. I'd be pressing at armpit level.