Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Devastated...DH just called and told me he is being outprocessed..layoff

We have given 16 years and countless moves across the country for this company....I really have nothing to say...I'm in shock. We've never been without a paycheck before....I didn't even think about losing our insurance until I was talking to my mom and she was talking about picking up her scripts at the pharmacy....oh my god....what are we going to do....

sorry...I'm a mess right now...my hands are shaking and I just want to crawl under a rock and make it all go away...
    Michele

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Devastated...DH just called and told me he is being outprocessed..layoff

Dear shell.scraps - so sorry to hear about your situation. Been there too (worked for the hospital for 19 years and 9 months - then laid off) I remember this as one of the worst moments. But, GOD had another plan for me and it was much better. You are in my prayers.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Devastated...DH just called and told me he is being outprocessed..layoff

Shell.Scraps, I'm so sorry for you both.. I'm sure that E's Geandma is absolutely right, God must have a pretty terriffic plan for you right now. I'll be praying for you and I know things look pretty grim to you but we're all here if you need us and it really will get better!!! Hope it is soon for you too!!!.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there! It will get better....there is always a silver lining to every cloud it just is hard to find sometimes but IT IS THERE! You and your family are in our prayers!

Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a shocker that must be. As the others have said, there's a better plan out there waiting for you both. What kind of work does he do?

Hugs,
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry. I have been there and got the Tshirt. First take a deep breath. There will be unemployment for awhile and maybe severance pay. That will keep you going for awhile and you can cobra you insurance for 18 months. I know it feels like you had a door slammed in your face but God doesn't close a door unless he opens a window. A window of oppertunity for a do over. Take it one day at a time and it will all work out I am living proof. God is good and he will watch over you and see you through this hard time. I will keep you in my prayers Linda

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for you too. I know the feeling well. After working for someone for 12 years he just gave me the boot because he couldn't afford to pay me anymore. I too was devasted but this may be a blessing in disguise. I got another job, making more money, more friends, and it turned out to be a good thing. It will for you and your husband too. You'll see. God works in mysterious ways.
    Elaine

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

My brother went through this in 1989 when AT&T closed near the Pentagon. But, his pride wouldn't let him apply for unemployment. So, get what you deserve after all these years and you will find out there is life out there. In spite of hubby's employer. Hang in there. We are thinking of you and your family.
    Suzette

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Michele. I know you must be shell shocked at the moment. But the girls are right, there will be a better job coming and a better chance maybe to stay in one place and not have to move around so much. They are right, God doesn't give us more than we can handle. Sometimes I wish He wouldn't trust us so much with this but He does. Just keep your head and you will be fine. Have a cup of tea, make a list of things you must do: checking on insurance, unemployment paperwork you will need, Think about where you would like to live. You can choose a place to call home and maybe get work that is less traveling. It will be a fresh start.
    You are in my prayers. Hugs, Jan L

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear of this. Keep your chin up and remember better times are on their way. God bless and take care.