Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Almost the weekend - here's Thursday

Good Morning, Ladies and Happy Thursday!

After a nice peaceful night sleep, here I am bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to face another new day. My constant lap rug, Gracie is happily kissing my hand, thankful for my company as well.

DD came home from work last evening with good news of a small raise. She was surprised and over the moon.

No idea what will be for dinner tonite. I am not feeling as industrious as yesterday morning. I tell you that drive to the big city just wears me out. And it isn't that big of a city, lol.

What's up for everyone today?

Off to get ready for the work day.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Almost the weekend - here's Thursday

Morning All,

Supposted to be a lovely day here...looks like spring might get here after all. I even heard the weatherman say 70's for the weekend. YAY! Right now it's 18 degrees.

With all the good weather hope you can all get to enjoy the outdoors and nature. Except of course the nature in this picture. hahaha!

I'm off to work and then have an ambulance meeting tonight. Then off to camp tomorrow night and back Sunday. No phone or internet there.

Have a great day!
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thursday everyone!
    Everytime I see your loon, Nancy, I think of my cabin days in Maine on the lake.

Trying to get my umpf to get up and get moving. Another day at the 'zoo'. Yesterday they caught 3 kids stealing food from the cafeteria. Seems they have been doing it for awhile. They said they did it to see if they could get away with it. Guess they found out they couldn't. Two weeks ago they caught 9 kids in the school from about 9 PM until 2 AM. Hello? These are all middle schoolers. Almost got hit in the head with a shoe yesterday. One kid got mad and kicked his shoe off in the air when it went sailing. Another one got suspended for lifting her shirt (braless) in a classroom to a boy. I'd like to know where the teacher was on that one. Never know what one will run into at middle school these days. There always seems to be some sort of story going on.
    I think the umpf is taken out of us this time of year when the weather gets nice and the kiddos decide they are done for the year. It's frustrating to go over something for 3 weeks and they finally 'get it' - given a quiz and then not have a clue. Then they don't want to take the hints when you give it to them. Only 6 more years Trish, only 6 more years.
    You hear about people winning the lottery and keeping their job cause they love it. Not me! I'd take the money and say 'see ya later, alligator!'
    Weeeelllllllll - guess I better go get ready.
    Have a great day - I'll check in later.
    Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I need to make a new tea cozy. Ours is worn out. My husband is a tea nut (5 tea bags in one pot of tea!) It has to be Tetley and you have to warm up the tea pot first and put the cozy on etc. I cringe when he orders tea in a restaurant! Anyway he changed the fabric on my ironing surface for me last night so I thought I would be a good wife and use the leftover material to make a new cozy.

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Nancy a great time to do some hand work!

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quilting trish you need to book yourself a quilting retreat!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Today I'm working on some spreadsheets for my hubby. He has a small side business and so when I can help him, I do. My reward will be quilting this afternoon. If I start quilting before my chores or the spreadsheets they won't get done! Everyone have a great day!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everone. It has been dry and windy here. Grassfires everywhere. Dry, dry, dry and one little spark will set things off.

Finished 2 BOM this week. One for me and one for my sister that broke her arm. No matter if I make hers first or second, her's is always better. LOL

The pillowcases are such a hit with those in the hospital and think I've got it pretty much down now.

Everyone have a blessed day and please pray for rain in my part of the country....hate to be picky, please not flood waters.

God bless and take care.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thursday Everyone!!! I'm off to the sewing room as soon as I can tear myself away from the computer!! LOL. I'm trying to keep busy so I don't think about another trip to another docter this week. I'm busy making table runners for the girls who took care of my radiation treatments. They were all so wonderful and fun that it hardly seemed like a medical treatment at all. On the other hand I'm certainly glad that part is now over. Off tomorrow to see another doctor about possible thyroid cancer. I'll be praying for a nice steady drizzle in New Mexico for you Lady, I know its dry over there and hope it stays safe for you. Everyone else have a great day. I hope all of you know in your hearts just how much I love this site and the people here. You've made my life a lot easier lately!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well sitting at work looking at the forum. Suppose to be in the 80's here in Georgia by the weekend. Hopefully will get some sewing done tonight when I get home. Worked on my sewing room some last night. Trying to get things organized in my Garage so I can get out of the living room. Hope everyone has a great day.

Lynne