Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Holiday issue of quilting quickly?

I may have missed a post and possibly this has already been answered but I've been looking for the holiday magazine and I'm not having any luck. I remember seeing a previous post that suggested it would be out on November 1st. If it doesn't come out soon I won't have time to make things for this Christmas. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Dawn
    A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Holiday issue of quilting quickly?

I looked at my two local sources where I got my magazine in the past and it wasn't in either place. I saw someone who saw Jenny in person at the Houston market got hers from Jenny, so they are published, just not distributed. I agree, it is getting late if this is to be a holiday issue, we should lready be working on holiday proects.

Anybody have insight on this?

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I saw earlier on the forum that it would be out nov 11th but the issue would have quick easy projects you could get done by christmas I too feel it is getting late to start christmas projects

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

All of the other Christmas mags are out at Joann's. I have a feeling that Fons & Porter delayed the release of this one because it is the last copy and they don't want to take sales away from their other mags. This is sadly the last Quilting Quickly! That is an assumption and a huge one but it is what I am thinking. I am not saying I am right but this is just weird to hold it so long before releasing it when it never happened before.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisapc View Post
    All of the other Christmas mags are out at Joann's. I have a feeling that Fons & Porter delayed the release of this one because it is the last copy and they don't want to take sales away from their other mags. This is sadly the last Quilting Quickly! That is an assumption and a huge one but it is what I am thinking. I am not saying I am right but this is just weird to hold it so long before releasing it when it never happened before.
    no, Jenny did tell us this would be the last one when we were at the forum get together. But I had the same thoughts about why the release is delayed.

They intend to self- publish future patterns as individual patterns, and then can do it on their own time frame. You can purchase individual patterns from the past books from the website, they have them all in the store. I know that was the appeal of the magazine, to have complete written directions to refer to in addition to the tutorials. Now they can do that, but don't need the pressure of a publication deadline. I for one am glad they chose to do this, because you can get burned out from too much crazy pressure, and we certainly don't want our Doan family to burn out!
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; November 5th, 2013 at 12:14 PM.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to be able to download the individual patterns as a PDF file. Once set up as such, it would save time at MSQC, natural resources (mailing envelopes, pattern packaging, etc.) and of course, shipping costs. And you would have the pattern immediately!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it in my local grocery store today. Decided to skip this one. I have so many magazines and I feel that 9.99 is a bit much for a magazine, especially since the patterns are available as a video for free.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

You saw the winter holiday issue of quilting quickly ?!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I called M* today and they told me the magazine comes out November 12.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone! I'm looking forward to getting a copy as soon as it hits the shelves.
    Dawn
    A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.