Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default A shocking find and it's positive outcome!

Hi Dears,

it's been a while since I posted an update, and I know some of you would like one. 2 weeks ago, after sauna when I took a shower, I found a knot in my remaining breast. Barely noticable, in the right end of the center. I was really shocked. Since my cycle didn't end yet and I knew it would soon, I waited if the knot would disappear since I read once that knots can be a part of the normal breast tissue especially around the end and the beginning of the cycle. Well, it didn't disappear. Getting really nervous I called my oncologist who gave me an appointment for the plastic surgeon to get her opinion about it and she can decide wether or not a mammography and/or ultrasound is needed. I agreed and last Thursday I went to see her. Well, first she didn't find my knot at all and she needed my help in finding it. She said "well, to me it feels quite normal but we have to get it checked out anyway.... With a history of breast cancer you always check these kind of things out better."

So today I had a time for the mammography and the ultrasound. They took two pictures of the remaining breast and one picture of the part where my other breast was. And... now finally the good news! There was nothing on either picture and during the ultrasound the doctor didn't find anything either! He did find my knot but he said it's normal tissue. He said it's also normal to panic if you find something after having had breast cancer, so it was good to come to get it checked out. He suggested that I today, in the shower, I take the time to again feel my breast completely to get a feeling what it is when it's normal. I think that's a good idea! Else it will drive me nuts, everytime I find something... lol.

Anyway, after leaving the hospital I made a short happy dance and during the walk home again, multiple times. Haha! Thank you dear Ladies and Sirs for your prayers. As you all know, I am not very religious myself, but I know that positive thoughts and prayer help. Thank you people!!! You're all special!

Hugs,

Steffie
    ~* Steffie *~

Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people; some go, some join you, some laugh with you, some didnít come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the uninvited ones.

My AWESOME new blog (hey, I like it ) http://evilynnigirl.blogspot.fi
    /
    Add me on Facebook: Steffie Eronen

2. Thanks Jeannie acton thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A shocking find and it's positive outcome!

Doing the Happy Dance right here at my computer. You had me on the edge of my seat until I saw the Good News. Mega Hugs, May

4. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yay steffie!! So happy for you!!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

6. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, Steffie, once you have had a major issue you are always on the look-out for something similar. Thankfully this is normal tissue, but don't give up your diligent check just to be on the safe side.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

8. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's wonderful news! I'm so glad everything turned out okay.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

10. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Spotsylvania, Virginia near Fredericksburg, Va
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news Steffie!!

Have a wonderful day!

Friend me on Facebook under Kelly Howell Faulconer

12. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Steffie:

I am so happy that you are alright. Even now after 4 years of my Peter being cancer free I get very scared with every little normal symptom he has. His whole life he gets a sore throat every spring and fall from allergies. Every spring and fall I am searching him for other symptoms. When he was first declared cancer free and these things would happen I would lose sleep, cry when he wasn't around and just be an emotional mess from fear. There is no more treatment for his cancer so a recurrence is terrifying to my soul. Peter never had those fears. He was told he was cancer free and that is the end of it for him. He's fine. Every 6 months his scans and blood work have me a mess until the results come in and he looks at them as a minor inconvenience to his schedule.

He has the right attitude and having worked hospice for most of my life and never knowing anyone as sick as he was that lived and been through 2 recurrences with him I have a hard time with any little symptom. I am much better than I was but it still nags me a bit.

You and your sweet family will always be in my prayers for a long and happy life. You are not alone!
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

14. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yay for you, Steffie! So happy that you got good news!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

16. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I can just imagined how scared you must have been. I have a younger sister that was in stage 3 (possibly 4) when was DX with breast cancer and she has just celebrated her 5th anniversary of cancer free the other day. So, I'm happy for you that you got good news. That kind of news makes for such a Great Day.

18. Thanks Evilynn thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

(((Steffie))), we already celebrated the news but I wanted to let you know that Kat was also very relieved to hear that you're fine!

It is scary to find any thing different on/in your TaTas, that's why you need to go have it check Ladies (and Gents!) We want everyone to do regular self checks, get breast examinations, mammograms at the recommended ages. Early detection can safe your life!

Huggers dear friend! Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby