Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Germany

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi from Germany

I am English but living in Germany. I would love to get to know some fellow quilters around the world. Forums are new to me so I am just learning how it all works. It looks great and I look forward to making some new friends.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hi from Germany

Hi welcome to the group !
    I lived in Dortmund in Germany for 9 years when I was living in Army married quarters. I loved the country but did find it quite lonely at times when my husband was away. I wish I had found this forum or something like at that time as it would have given me an interest.
    I do hope you find someone with similar interests to share your new found skill with.
    There is always someone here who will guide you if you hit a snag!
    Where in Germany are you?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome from Arizona. This forum board is set up pretty easy and the folks on here are awesome about helping out with any questions. Also check out the groups - Members post photo's of quilts we've made using Jenny's wonderful quilting tutorials, there are groups that Swap things and more. Good luck, enjoy poking about and happy to see you here.

Debbie
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Eileen
    Thanks for your post. I live near Bonn and like you I am on my own for much of the time while my husband is at work. I am settling in but I think it takes time to feel at home.
    I started quilting years ago but never had the time to complete much. My children have just left home so now I can do more. I am currently working on a garden trellis quilt. I found the MSQC site when I saw the jelly roll race on YouTube. I gathered all my fabrics together and then made my own version. Since then I am hooked again. I will try and post a picture when I have worked out to do it!
    Karen

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Debbie
    Thanks for your welcome. It feels like I have been given an early Christmas present that I'm going to enjoy unwrapping and playing with. I've a lot to learn about forums as I've not really done this before. It looks like fun.
    Karen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to the forum from England! This is a great place to while away some time, you'll find lots of inspiration and advice. There are one or two members here living in Germany, perhaps someone is near you.

7. Thanks Kms443 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A hearty welcome from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
    This forum is the place to BE. Here you're able to meet interesting people, make friends and share your passion, sewing and quilting.
    If you've any questions regarding quilting, shoot. You'll get an answer here from someone
    If you've any pictures of your quilts, post. Please.
    As for the rest enjoy and take part of this wonderful world of quilting and friendship
    greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

9. Thanks Kms443 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us. Stop in often so we can get to know you. Be sure to post pictures of your creations so we can ooh and aah over them. We love doing that.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I have added a picture of my jelly roll race quilt. I have not finished it yet as I am deciding how to quilt it. Any suggestions would be welcome.

K
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	59849  

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi K,
    Welcome from Utah. I really like your Jelly Roll Race quilt. This is my first and only 'social media' experience. I have come to love this forum and the kindhearted people who are on it. I am less than a year old in my quilting experience and have found so much inspiration and assistance in the wisdom of our friends here. And, I too found the forum by watching Jenny's tutorials. One weekend, I sat and watched every one of them I could find, and laughed and giggled all the way through them. She really makes it all look so Do'able. Glad you found us.
    Miss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!