Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fabric boxes...( when you're such a smarty pants you think you don't need to print directions)

Quote Originally Posted by Quilted Fantasies View Post
    It's not what I meant to make, but it'll do for cocktail napkins...or something. Attachment 58670
    I'm sure my error had nothing to do with the empty wine glass in the background.
    It's pretty!! May I ask what size fabric did you use? And did you still use the 2" for the corners?

Kelly.. awesome idea. I was going to lope those bits off. Now I'm rethinking.

Here's my mine..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fabric Box.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	58677

I need better lighting.. it's purple on the outside and blue on the inside

2. Thanks Quilted Fantasies thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fabric boxes...( when you're such a smarty pants you think you don't need to print directions)

Grace-Ann, This little whoops of yours just proves my theory that things are never a disaster, but always a creation. I think it would make a great Napkin holder. Now you can whip up a few more.
    HUGS,
    Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

4. Thanks Quilted Fantasies thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quilted Fantasies View Post
    Seems like I'm not the only one being a smarty pants this evening...I'm watching a movie...kinda sorta...
    All cheekiness (Mary Poppins) aside, I'd really love to know how you pulled this off!
    What a lovely mistake!
    I really need to get off the exclamation point.
    It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love the shape of this one, too! I need to jump on this fabric box band wagon - who needs quilts?

Instead of folding in half and then doing the triangle thing, did you just fold up 2 inches and then sew?
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the accolades. I'll post instructions on how to do fabric boxes the wrong way tomorrow. I don't think I can do it without pictures and I'm too lazy to do that now. I was thinking about creating a pattern and writing a book and making millions but it sounds like too much trouble. I'd rather sew.
    Grace-Ann

What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! I was purposely trying to do this the other day and even posted because I couldn't figure it out and here you come and do this effortlessly! I will patiently wait for your instructions.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting for the instructions here too! I like all of your fabric boxes, ladies.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I posted directions to my new blog....So Many Quilts, So Little Time!
    Grace-Ann

What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.