• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bubba
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

Re: Marti Mitchell templets Q

That is what I was just going to ask.....are there more than one size square templates? I know there are multiple sizes of things in the ones I am using! Also, that one where it looks like you have sewn together four blocks in the middle? I don't see where there is a picture pattern that looks like that was done anywhere. Hopefully when you find the right sized square it will all come together. They really to work well once you get the hang of it!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Swedish leo
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by bubba View Post
      That is what I was just going to ask.....are there more than one size square templates? I know there are multiple sizes of things in the ones I am using! Also, that one where it looks like you have sewn together four blocks in the middle? I don't see where there is a picture pattern that looks like that was done anywhere. Hopefully when you find the right sized square it will all come together. They really to work well once you get the hang of it!!
      The four sewn toghtere is just me doing stupid thing in frustration! :-)

I sewde a bit more and now it works much better. I need to look more carefuly to see what templet to use and what to combine.
      And I need to overlapp the triangle when cutting for the flying geese.

I think I have about 7 diffrent templets in this set so I have plenty to play with

Thanks again
      sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
      A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
      And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

• toggpine
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2009

Annika,
        I am so glad that you are able to work out some of the troubles!

I am lazy and don't use spray starch very often, unless all of the pieces are bias cuts. I just use my regular presser foot and not a special 1/4" one.

It is very important that you cut the templates accurately and you use a 1/4" seam or your pieces will be off. From what I see, they are looking pretty good.
        Let us know if you still need more help!

Amy, I really like the Marti Michell templates and Perfect Patchwork system. The books that go along with the templates are my most used items in my sewing room. They are a fantastic library of blocks. If you want to try the system before you invest in the acrylic templates, buy either volume 1 or 2. They come will a full-sized set printed in the book. You can trace them off, use them to see if you like how they work, and they go from there.
        Some folks don't like the fussy part about nipping off the corners, but I don't mind. It saves me time in pinning and trimming the dog ears later. They acrylic templates do make piece cutting pretty fast from the strips. Most of the blocks and quilts in my album are made from her templates. Sorry there aren't any fresher photos, I haven't been able to up load since 2010!)
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• easyquilts
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2012

I have used MM templates.....sets A&B, and love them.

Having sad that.... The absolute best ruler I have found to make FG, is the Fons&Porter one. You use strips, and it can make several sizes.... I need things to be super simple, and this is SIMPLE.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

• toggpine
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2009

Annika,

Did you get the templates to work?
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• Swedish leo
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by toggpine View Post
              Annika,

Did you get the templates to work?
              Yes, I think so. At least the square and halfsquare!

I will tackle the pesky flying geese this weekend so I will have to get back on that one! :-)

Thank you so much for your good advice! I do need to remember to overlapp the halfsquare triangle when cutting for the F.geese.

sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
              The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
              A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
              And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Working...
              X