Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newbie From Japan

konnichi wa, from England.

How lovely to be in Japan. I would have liked to teach English in Japan. I oh so very nearly applied for a job to teach English to Japanese businessmen(people) in Japan, but just couldn't face the student accom offered. I worked in a Japanese factory here in the UK and found it easier to learn Japanese to talk to people with Japanese as a first language, than to struggle with a variety of world languages.

Anyway, welcome to the site and I hope you post lots of pictures of your quilts and Japan.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to the forum from the UK, I too learnt my quilting skills from jenny and her girls glad to have you on board
    love and hugs Edwina .x

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Athena, and welcome to the forum. I like new quilters who jump in with both feet. It sounds like you have an amazing life in Japan. Visit often so we can get to know you. Barb

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellthecat View Post
    Hi and welcome from Connecticut
    Hello and thank you!

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lynnl55 View Post
    Hi Athena..welcome from Michigan. I'm quite new to here, too. A great place to learn ! We were stationed at Camp Zama for 3 years...is it still called that ? My oldest son was born there (he's 43 !!). If you have a chance take the train in to Tokyo and check the fabric stores there....they were fabulous..3 floors jam packed full ! Quite a fun adventure. Enjoy !
    Oh yes, I love Camp Zama. I want to take a trip to Tokyo to the fabric stores soon! I'm just direction challenged. I get lost going out my front door...But, I will persevere and take my new obsession to the big city to see what I can find!

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by self6241 View Post
    Welcome. I am new to this website and just fel in love with the helpfullness and attention to detail you get from this company.
    I'm quite new too. Dove head first into quilting and sewing after watching as many of MSQC tutorials I could get my eyes on. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    konnichi wa, from England.

How lovely to be in Japan. I would have liked to teach English in Japan. I oh so very nearly applied for a job to teach English to Japanese businessmen(people) in Japan, but just couldn't face the student accom offered. I worked in a Japanese factory here in the UK and found it easier to learn Japanese to talk to people with Japanese as a first language, than to struggle with a variety of world languages.

Anyway, welcome to the site and I hope you post lots of pictures of your quilts and Japan.
    Konbonwa! ^_^ I would love to visit England one of these days! I never would have dreamed a small town girl like myself would get the chance to teach English in Japan at all. It's quite the dream come true. Traveling and seeing and doing many new things is my new life goal. Quilting so far has been rewarding too and quite fun! I'll post as many pics as I can too. ^_^ Nice to meet you!

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Newbie From Japan

Quote Originally Posted by edwina View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum from the UK, I too learnt my quilting skills from jenny and her girls glad to have you on board
    Hello! Oh yes, I don't like doing anything half way. If I'm going to learn, I better give it my all. Their tutorials and products are just the bee's knees. I fell in love with the craft after watching a few vids on youtube and was deterimined to do this! I will post as often as I can, no gauruntees though. Teaching small children is time consuming and just as fun as sewing.

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Newbie From Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Hi, Athena, and welcome to the forum. I like new quilters who jump in with both feet. It sounds like you have an amazing life in Japan. Visit often so we can get to know you. Barb
    Hello and thank you! It's nice to meet you and everyone here so far. Everyone has been so nice and inviting. I like to give my all in everything I do, so diving head first was a no brainer for me. Most of the time with no brains haha I will be here as often as I can!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Missouri, so glad you found us. Can't wait to see what you make first.
    Bernice