Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Question Janome comments... thinking of a 3160 or 9900

there is a sewing machine repair place south of me that I am taking my Brand New Singer into for repairs.
    They are a Janome dealer and have a used 7700 for $1600 and a used 3160 for $500.00

My local quilt shop is a janome dealer and she quoted me 700.o0 for a a new 3160 and 2900.00 for a new 9900

which do you think is the better deal? HELP PLEASE
    I love someone with Autism.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome comments... thinking of a 3160 or 9900

My LQS is a Janome/Pfaff desire,,,,, I was looking at a NEW 3160, which was around five hundred dollars...,your store has a huge markup....and she might take my like new DC2007LE as a trade in. I really want to keep my 2007 though.

I think the 3160 has some good features, looks good, and is light. And, it comes with a large extension table,

I also looked at the 6600, but that was out of my price range.

Don't know anything about the about. The 7700',

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think you should buy the most machine you can afford....the most features, etc. I swear by Janome and have been using their machines for well over 20 years with never a problem. My current machine is the Janome Memory Craft 9500. It's a sewing and embroidery machine and I'm thrilled with it. I wish I had spent the extra $500 for the color LED display, which would make it easier to see my embroidery selections. A good place to comparison shop and see all the features of most brands of machines is Sewing machines, quilting machines, embroidery machines, vacuum cleaners : Singer, Brother, Janome, Miele - Sewingmachinesplus.com. Happy shopping!

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Janome 7700 and LOVE it! I have nothing bad to say about the machine, I know others have had some issues but I have not. I use my machine pretty much daily and sew for hours That being said those prices are well, pretty pricey. I paid 1900 for my 7700 new about six months ago. My shop will come down on prices, they had much more on the 7700 but reduced the price significantly when I asked.... Did you ask them if that is their best price? It never occurred to me to ask that question when I bought my industrial machine from the same place. I think the price was pretty reasonable from what I found on line. You might want to do some looking online and see how much the machines are going for, take the information in and show it to her. They want your business and will likely do what they can to get it. They know you will be back!

I agree with Bubby, buy as much machine as you can afford.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 7700 (Red face model) and love it. Heavy machine so I won't be moving this one around too much. Only issue is my own inexperience in figuring out what stitch/foot to use. This machine came loaded with feet that I'll probably never use. I love the Acufeed system and larger throat space not to mention all the other features. Is the one your dealer have a showroom display model or one that someone turned in? Will it come with a warranty? All the feet/extension table, etc included for that price?

Try out all the machines your thinking about and yes, price is a consideration. I knew I would not upgrade again for the next 10 years so it was a good investment for me. I have a Singer CE-200 Sewing/Embroidery machine so now I keep that machine for just embroidery work.
    Julia

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, everyone for your advice.... I really appreciate your taking the time...

Janome is definitely my favorite! for a lot of reasons. the DC2007LE is my third one.... No complaints....

If my budget allows a new machine, I will be sure to make sure I am getting a rock bottom price....

The thing is..... I don't really NEED a new machine right now.... It's a sort of want.... The Jinome I have has absolutely no problems... There isn't one thing wrong with it... How can I justify buying another sewing machine? You know? It would be different if I were still working, and we had extra money...

If I really want another machine, I might have to buy another brand,mand have no idea what that should be. Mi had Dinger, years ago, and loved it, but I just don't know.

Maybe some of the proper here can advise me.....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have both. I think that is too much for a used 3160 as I paid just a bit more than that for a new one in Canada where prices are generally higher. It's a sweet machine though!!! I also have the 7700 which I paid a lot for new ($2500 with a table) so that price sounds pretty good to me as long as it's not too old. There have been so many new models since then so I would google around to verify that's a good price. I love both machines so I have no problems recommending them!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was quoted $600.00 for a new 3160 from my Janome dealer. He likes to keep his machines priced to compete with Amazon and other online stores but he gives free lessons for the life of the machine when you buy from him and he is always available to fix or putz with my machine - granted nothing major has ever happened to it - just little adjustments. But it does take 40 minutes to drive over to his shop. I really wished I'd have gotten the 3160 machine over my much heavier MC 6300. I would say - the weight really is a factor if you like to go to classes and retreats.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Janome comments... thinking of a 3160 or 9900

I bought a 9900 for 2800$ new. She also threw in the a yr. sub. of the Janome club meetings at her facility. with that I get 15% dis. on all the stuff I purchase from her.. I got it home last nite at 7:30 and grandson had to come and unload it and set it for me (it's heavy) and away I went. had a few scares along the way (I live 90 min from the store) but a call to the merchant and the problem was solved.
    I think I'm gonna like this..... LOL

Nana
    I love someone with Autism.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of Singer did you get? I am also looking at the purple Curvy, because it has a couple of features that would be good for my eyes.

But, the 3260 is tempting... I think it's a pretty machine.....
    Last edited by easyquilts; October 9th, 2013 at 03:06 AM.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit