Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: new at quilting

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default new at quilting

I don't know if this is where I should be to introduce myself but I'll do it here anyway.
    Hi to all, I'm new to quilting. Everything I know about quilting I've learned from the tutorials. I'm in the collecting fabric stage now and I've ran out of places to put it. I'm starting the Summer in the Park quilt. At the rate I'm going only one quilt will be make before I die ( I have leukemia in remission) . would like to go to a retreat at MSQC.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: new at quilting

Hello and welcome from Indiana. This is exactly the spot to introduce yourself. Don't forget to post pics in the show n tell thread of your quilts---I'd love to see it.
    Teresa

3. Thanks jvfred thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum...the tutorials are an excellent way to learn....what I do is go along with the tutorial and pause it; follow the instructions and move on to the next bit....I also make sample blocks before I do all the cutting for an actual quilt so I know I like the end result and don't waste all of my favorite fabrics....good luck!

5. Thanks jvfred thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. If you are already running out of room for you fabric........you must be hooked! This is a great forum and hope you have fun here!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Never enough fabric and you can never watch too many tutorials. I like having my ipad in my sewing room in case I need a quick refresher or a question answered. This forum,jennys tuts, the internet with so very many quilting sites, you can find most everything. Good to hear you are in remission. Looking forward to seeing your completed project

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you joined us! You will be surprised how fast some quilts go together. I haven't made summer in the park yet, but I bet I will be fairly quick. Just jump right in!
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi bdmsmith,
    My name is Lori and welcome from Connecticut

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome from Ohio. I know what you mean when you said you are running out of room for fabric. Good luck on the creation of your quilt. Show some pictures when you are done.
    Grandma Laurie

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome from Mount Vernon, Ohio. My name is Susan. As long as they continue to make plastic bins, I will continue to collect fabric. I have used many of the tutorials from Jenny, the internet, and pictures I have seen in magazines to inspire me. I think I have learned the most from Jenny. Enjoy and keep us posted on your progress.