Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Breaking thread on a Janome 1600p

Ive had problems with my top thread breaking while using my Janome 1600 on a frame, which it seems is a common problem. We (hubby and me) found the last metal loop which the thread goes through before going through the needle has a rough piece of metal close to it. As far as we can see its to ensure the needle is inserted correctly,
    We've taken it out, and it has solved the problem. Inserting the needle is a bit more difficult, but how lovely to do a whole row of fmq without stopping!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Breaking thread on a Janome 1600p

Thanks for posting this... it's always good to get a heads up on something that might pop up down the road... I've had the J1600p for a few years it's a very basic model,, but I LOVE this machine... now am using it for piecing...(It's rpms let me strip piece and chain piece fast and that's what I like..... I bought the Bailey for my frame... and truth be told... I felt the Janome much better quality stitching, but was drooling over the 17" throat space..The machine is basic and sturdy and incomplicated,, just not as fast as I would like,,, having been used to the Janome....I don't do "fancy" with my quilting,, just love to get my quilts done myself and on to the next one!!!!!!
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

yeah you solved the problem!!! Congratulations and thanks for the heads up! You never know who's life you just touched by sharing this info
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You know I realize that Janome is one of the most coveted brands of machines out there but I hear a lot of thread breaking, bobbin and cutter issues with them. Strange. Is it because they are so popular or because like a lot of things they are not made like they used to be? Just wondering outloud.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Very seldom have thread breakage, but yes to bobbin issues on my 7700. Still love my Janomes but not happy about the latest issues. Spoke to my dealer yesterday and he wants to make it right for me, making me happier.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa... the only thing I can offer is my opinion,,, and that is that "computer" machines are just not the workhorses that mechanical ones are... i'm old fashioned... I guess... I have a Designer1...Brother Project Runway,Brother some embroidery, the cheap Disney one,Janome Jem both computer and lt. weight travel NON computer,Old Elan Jubilee,Bailey,White Serger,and Janome 1600p(mechanical)...gave My Sis a SingerCG500, I had.. and I can honestly say... I LOVE all the manuals the best..Especially the 12lb. portable Janome Jem Platinum...I guess i'm just not a computer sewing machine gal...oh, PS.. the Designer 1 is only used for Machine Embroidery...LOL
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"