Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Mornings are go good!

What a wonderful Sunday Morning,

My one day to sleep in and up at 4:30 don't even get up this early for work..

But it has been a pleasant morning so far. Made a pot of coffee had a cup with a shot of Rum Chata what a wonderful treat. Fixed BLT for breakfast this morning request from Wayne and now have a pot of red beans on soaking for red beans and rice for dinner tonight. Now to put a load of laundry on and then into the sewing room. Really need to be cleaning in there but going to hem a pair of pants for my daughter and work on a wall hanging for me. Finished two Mr. Oct wall hangings last night one for my daughter and one for a very dear friend.

So what are you all up to this wonderful Sunday Morning?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday Mornings are go good!

Good morning Lonna..........I was wondering about you yesterday. Glad your morning is off to a good start. I'm almost finished with my Fall Mug Rug........just need to add the binding. I hope you didn't float away Friday night. We had water come up on the slab of the house........that doesn't happen very often. I hope to do some more sewing while DH watches the game today.

And now you have me hungry for bacon.......oatmeal isn't the same!

Hope everyone has a great week!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Pam,

We made it through the storm just fine. Seems as if it came in earlier then expected and moved out a lot quick then expected. So no water here. Although Wayne did take me to work in his truck just in case we did get some flooding here. I have my fall mug rug done and ready to go. I will either go into my sewing room or sit here and nap during the game. I know where Wayne will be right in front of the tv. Enjoy the game and enjoy your sunday.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It's going to be a great day. I'm off to the grocery store to buy fixings for chicken noodle soup. I'm watching my granddaughter this morning and she will be my little helper. I remember teaching her mommy to make soup. I love Sundays in the fall!
    My friends call me Peggy
    The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I've been up awhile, watching old movies. I have another guild baby quilt to sandwich and baste. Maybe I'll get that started this afternoon. The sun is bright and the air is crisp...it's actually too nice today to stay inside. A trip to the apple orchard to get apples and fried apple pies might be on the agenda!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, everyone! We enjoyed a lovely rain overnight. It hits the porch roof outside the bedroom windows - it's a great sound. I woke a few times to hear it but for the most part slept really well last night. Praise God!

I took a class yesterday on applique and I'm halfway done a very funky leaf wallhanging. I'm back at it today. I think I even dreamed about it I like it so much! I'm becoming a quilting class junkie. I met some very nice women, had loads of fun and started a quilt I know I'll love. What's not to like?
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Lonna, you and I started our day at the same time.

Our oldest Grandson Zander was leaving at 6 am for the airport, a week with his dad in California. We wanted to be sure to say Goodbye to him before Kat and Z took off. His dad was going to come this way but with airline/car rental/food/etc. (he was going to stay with us), it still got to be quite expensive. Hence Z is off, will miss my hugs and kisses from that boy.

I need to organize my office, such a chore as I haven't found a bookcase that fits my empty pocket book. lol Guess I'll have to search for the Software books I need and repack the others.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Huggers, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Beautiful, crisp and clear morning. Fall starts today!!!! My favorite season.

Yesterday was my Hubby's family reunion/fall party. I talked to him on the phone and am so glad he decided to drive down to Indiana from Michigan and spend the weekend at the reunion. I also got to talk to his niece and sister-in-law. After I got off the phone I just laid down and cried because I am stuck here in Missouri all by myself. I actually made a batch of chili yesterday just because I knew there is always a big cauldron of chili cooking at the reunion. I was just feeling sorry for myself. But a good cry never hurts anyone, I must have cried myself to sleep and I didn't wake up until 9am!!!!!! I told Daniel he needed to get everything loaded and get his butt home!

I think I will get some jeans on and socks and shoes and see if I can't get the rest of my weed cutting done today even though I just feel like staying in bed and reading all day. But the weeds aren't going to cut themselves.

Hope everyone has a beautiful day.

Hugs and prayers to all.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone! It is a great morning here in Indiana as well. My husband got up to go help a friend fix his fridge so I slept in until 9:30, shame on me. The kids were begging for homemade pizza yesterday so I made that yesterday instead of the planned BBQ chicken. So, today I'm going to throw bbq chicken on the grill---trying to use the grill and smoker as much as possible since it will soon be put up for the winter. Then, we have an overflowing apple tree so I want to make a bunch of apple dumplings....that should get the house smelling great! Then I'm hoping to get some sewing done. I spent yesterday shopping, cooking dinner, and watching football with family so the only time in my sewing room was re-organizing it a bit and putting some items away that I had purchased in the last week and all the items from the garage sale I got.

I also have items for the Mr. October wall hanging that I want to do, I also want to do an apron, tote and table runner this week so I can get a few smaller items done and a sense of accomplishment before starting my next quilt. I also have the 'into the light' quilt that I put on hold because of working on my husband's quilt and I think I'd like to work on that some this week.

Tomorrow I will put a ham on the smoker so that will be an easy meal to make which will give me more time in the sewing room.
    Teresa

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I wanna go to Lonna's for dinner! I love red beans and rice. Not too many Cajun places out here. I do have a friend that makes wonderful gumbo though. She is the only one that I know that can make it where the okra doesn't get all slimy.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.