Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006260e26189bca551d75c4b425b0f6f.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	56183

It is Thursday Folksies

We have peeps coming and going on this forum - our Anna is currently the world traveller, our Klaisen is coming back to the US next week - we have others that are doing their annual sojourner. It is always a vicarious joy to share with others their trips.

My dearest friend Russell took his final trip yesterday morning. He passed away in his home at around 9 a.m. I am not taking this very well because of the total shock. Okay, so he was 94. Just because someone is a senior doesn't mean that you expect them to just die suddenly. I had seen him just recently, while he was still in rehab. He was released on Monday morning and I had planned to see him this Saturday after work was completed. I wanted to give the family some time with him first. Once again, I realize just how selfishly intimate grief is. I cannot express how much I have missed seeing him daily since August. I cannot express how much I am going to miss him until I see him again when we are re united in Heaven. While I know his destination, I am so sad for ME. I feel as if I have lost my Daddy all over again. What a gift God gave me with this friend of the heart! Sorry for sounding so maudlin so early. I will get over this and then will be able to express my hearts joy at his reunion with his lovely wife, Jette, and others he has been longing to see. I know if anyone was ready to meet their Creator, it was Russ. I just wish I could stop crying. I look worse than a troll when I cry. Poor Luscious. Went to bed with one and woke up with one. My entire face swells up, my eyes are like puff pastries - oy! Then I look at myself in the mirror and don't know whether to cry more or laugh. Thank goodness I have a sense of humor.

Work this morning, then the next few days I will be there for his family.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Russell Taylor and Me November 2012.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	56184
    Last edited by Blondie; September 19th, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday

Blondie, I am sitting here crying for you. What a wonderful man he was being a friend of yours, making you feel like you had your daddy with you even. I know it is the living that suffer when someone joins our Father in Heaven (((((Big Hug)))) and while it was his time that still doesn't make anyone feel better! Yeah I also look like a puffy eye-d alien from crying and good you get to spend some time with his family. Give them hugs too and know you were in his heart as well.

Just working on Mug rugs and wondered WHO was up already - then saw it's 4 am here, but 6 out East! Ok cracking the whip on myself, take care everyone.
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

(((Blondie))), I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost your Russell 'cause I know how much he means to you. I could always see the love you two have for each other in the photos you shared. He's lucky to have had your love as well.

We all look like trolls when we've had a good cry...

Huggers, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sad days for you but your dear Russell is resting in peace and looking down smiling at you his dear friend. Such a happy photo of the both of you.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie...........so sorry to hear about your dear friend Russell...........we will be thinking of you.

I've been working some of my SS gifts.......have several ideas....just need to get them done.

Hope everyone has a productive day.........with a nap worked in somewhere!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie, I'm so sorry about Russell. The sudden passing of a loved one is so difficult for those left behind. It's clear in your picture that you were very close...like family. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers in the days ahead.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How lucky you are to have known such a man! I know you need to mourn, for now is the time to do it. Soon there will be a time to celebrate his life and your wonderful relationship! Psalm 30:11 - "You have turned my mourning into dancing for me; you have put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness." I pray that your gladness comes soon.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie so sorry to hear of your loss of your friend Russell. Its always so hard to lose one so close. My thoughts will be with you.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

Blondie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how much you loved Russell. On the other hand, I rejoice with you knowing you will see him again and get to spend eternity with him. Go ahead and cry...you've just had a huge loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

This afternoon I have another long dental appointment. I just had a bit of a break and I so dread going back. The only way to get done with this is to keep going back until it's done.

The Girls have been crying since Jeff left for work. They don't understand why he doesn't stay home with them to play every day instead of just on weekends.

I'm still not sewing, but I have been looking at some possible new projects on Pinterest. There's a load of inspiration there....I can get lost in it!

I'm off to feed the Girls...then I have a few chores to do and a Chocolate Éclair to make for Jeff's sweet tooth!

Wishing everyone a good Thursday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Blondie, I am sorry you didn't get that chance to see him once again.... cherish your memories....Hugs...
    ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com