Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Designer Diva

Pipe Creek, Texas A wide spot in the road northwest of San Antonio
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Blind quilter? !!

There is someone on this forum currently having vision problems and I have learned that there are others who have suffered, endured other vision problems. This woman came to mind. May she be an inspiration!

Blind Quilter (Texas Country Reporter) - YouTube
    "One can never consent to creep, when one feels the impulse to soar" -Helen Keller

2. Thanks Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Blind quilter? !!

and PDJewlryLady on our forum is mostly blind, YET made Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt EASY Street (which we know was ANY but EASY).... The power of people who overcome impress me more than any *star*
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

4. Thanks Sew Perfect thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing..Just amazing.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

That lady is an inspiration to anyone who has a disability....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gayle, I want to thank you for this thread and the youtube video. It is an inspiration for many of us.

Earlier this year, I was having problems with my eyesight, which happens more often then not because of a gene I carry. The gene, HLA-B27, Medscape: Medscape Access, HLA-B27 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia One of the worst things about it, besides white blood cells taking over my eye/eyes, is that I cannot stand any kind of light. I'm very sensitive to it and it causes much pain. Of course, the treatments are fun and even worse is I am unable to get any sewing done.

My husband bought a larger TV so I can see it better while under treatments. Haha...I have a bunch of British DVDs to watch because they are very low stress. Stress makes things worse. This last time, the treatments were much more extensive, but at least it worked!

This Youtube video brings hope to many. It is very inspiring to me. Thank you for posting this.
    MISA
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Designer Diva

Pipe Creek, Texas A wide spot in the road northwest of San Antonio
    Post Thanks / Like

You're sew welcome! I need a reminder once in awhile that my little problems are not that great.
    "One can never consent to creep, when one feels the impulse to soar" -Helen Keller

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had seen that one, Gayle - but it is always a great reminder that many problems are less than we imagine them to be. One of my oldest granddaughter's friends was born without arms so she uses her feet for all important things - eating, brushing her hair and teeth . . . you name it. Unimaginable! Truly a remarkable young lady she is.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

She is truly an inspiration for all. Her work and positive attitude is amazing. Just watching this video reminds me too of how my problems are so small compared to her.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Gayle,I thank you too for posting this video... A friend had sent it to me as I have only partial sight in one eye, and nothing in the other... I have every gizmo and magnifier you can imagine and they all help to some degree...but can only sew for short periods..wonderful DH installed lots of lighting in my sewing room.. I'm blessed that I can still sew and am thankful for every day... It takes a big change in your life to make you realize how lucky you are and what we take for granted... When a hobby is your passion in life, it's amazing how you can find the strength to soldier on....