Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Saturday....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday....

Good morning....
    Day how many of a quick tub install?? Can we say ARRGGH?

Tuesday they demo'd. Door off. Tub out, Toilet out. Wednesday, they scheduled NO ONE because they didn't know if demo would be done in one day. (we were not TOLD of this scheduling situ, BTW). Thurs, the plumber, sent ALONE to install tub and surrounds. Room is physically so tight he had to destroy walls to get it into location. We are told floor guy and wall guy will arrive Friday.
    Nah, only floor guy, wall guy on another job. So, we have a tub, no curtain, made DH put door up for weekend because otherwise we were showering en plein aire, with everyone in the house having to stay put while someone else showers if they arent interested in a show....and they will need TWO days to do walls, PLUS I will then have to paint and THEN the toilet will be replaced.

AAARRRRRGHHH.

In other news, I got a new camera lens and the two cats haven't killed each other....

Off to work, have a great day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130913-20130913-IMG_5539.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	55830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130913-20130913-IMG_5528.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	55831  
    ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday....

Oh Trish sounds like a job from h***ll. I got my two totes made for an auction. They are in show and tell if you want to take a peek. Greg & Jersey arrived last night. Salsa making today. Three more sleeps until my trip and I can hardly wait, can you tell? Have a wonderful Saturday friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Saturday everyone. Beautiful morning here today. DH and I are heading out to get mums today. Got to replace a few that didn't fare very well over the last couple of winters. Then tonight, dinner with friends.

Last night I made a tote bag for our little Max that he needs for nursery school with his name on it. Got to get that over to him sometime this weekend too.

It felt so good to wake up this morning and realize it was Saturday!! Enjoy everybody.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm slow today but coffee is beginng to work its charm. Need to take a ride to Park where we hold our guild meetings, workshops and Sews. At last Sunday's Guild meeting gal in charge of our stash room told me that our Pillowcase fabrics were all over the place. Open Sew there today so a good time to go and see what's what. Our Pillowcase stuff is always kept neat in our clearly marked storage cabinet. Our 2 summer pillowcase sews were cancelled so I haven't checked our stash in awhile, someone might have donated some fabrics for pillowcases and just left them on the cabinet or on the Guild's big cutting table. She gets upset if the room isn't perfect.

While I'm out I'll take a ride to Joann's as I need a few yards of a medium yellow for sashing, border and binding for quilt project I plan to take to retreat end of this week. Also need to get my Star Challenge quilt finished. This retreat is held in a really great workroom in a quilt shop, big tables, lots of ironing boards and a kitchen and bathroom too. One year we had someone bring in dinner that we ate in the upstairs dining room. This year the group is smaller and we will be going out for dinner on the night I'm staying over.

OK, everyone up and at them for today's activities. May

Trish - hope the bathroom gets finished ASAP.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; September 14th, 2013 at 09:41 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone. It's sunshiny today, after the rains yesterday. Just wish I felt the same as the weather. The meds are acting crazy for me right now - last night, I was shaking, crying and stuttering, and today, I'm just blah-depressed. It didn't help that the first full day I had after the hospital had debt collectors calling and harassing me. Today I'm just letting the answering machine work. Can't do anything until the lawyers figure out how to fix all the divorce paperwork so I can have my money anyways.

I asked Mom yesterday for permission to shop her stash for fall leaves for the mug rug swap. The look on her face - haha. I think she is more attached to fall fabric than anything else. I can shop the stash, but only with her present. But I don't really want to spend cash on more fabric, so it is what it is unless I get my settlement soon.

OK - something positive. Once I get dishes and laundry started, I think I'm going to clean off the table and start working on a tote bag. Maybe get something done today? Red white and black bag.
    Amy

Jeremiah 29:11

http://pinterest.com/acct97531/quilts-to-make/

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Took youngest daughter to her counseling session at 80 AM. since I couldn't find my thimble to take my table topper I am quilting to the doctor's office and work on it...I popped into Wal-Mart to buy a couple of thimbles. when I approach the fabric department...there in front of me is a huge bin of discounted fabrics! Could not help myself! My sense of thinking is....if the fabric is on sell and matches some of your fabric hoard at home? you don't pass it up!!!!! Thank goodness my hubby was out washing the deck and I snuck it into my sewing room!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Designer Diva

Pipe Creek, Texas A wide spot in the road northwest of San Antonio
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone! Started off my day with my grandson climbing into bed with me along with all my stuffed animals, saying "Get up Grandma!"
    Last night I shopped my stash, found some beautiful fall fabric and made a couple sample tops for the mug rug swap! Now I'm ready to start sewing again. I thought that since I was making one mug rug for the swap I would make a few more for home and the girls at work!
    Have a beautiful day!
    "One can never consent to creep, when one feels the impulse to soar" -Helen Keller

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Trish: Construction is horrible especially when they don't show up. I am sorry this is happening.

Monique: Enjoy these last few day before your trip. Your going to have a wonderful time I bet.

Ginny: I love making things for the little ones. They get so excited and never see mistakes.

May: I slept until 10 am. Waiting on my second cup of coffee. I am up an will be at em soon but have a great day.

Amy: Even though I love making things for my GD I tell her which shelves not to touch and have a tightening in my whole body when she is picking out fabric for something she wants me to make. I made her a doll bag last weekend with black, white and red fabrics she chose. I even get nervous when my daughter who doesn't sew starts touching all my fabric. I must change that.

Sherri: Leaving a good deal behind is like throwing money away. You just shouldn't do it.

I am cleaning, then a bubble bath and then sewing today. I must finish some stuff.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]