Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	friday-the-13th-art_original.jpg 
Views:	609 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	55759

Hello Folksies!

Guess what day it is? And c'mon, you KNOW it ain't Wednesday. The camel stopped singing it's hump day for a few days. Naw. It's Friday the 13th. When we were kids it was a great day to overcome silly fears like a black cat crossing your path, walking under ladders, etc. What kind of stupidstitions did you hear of where you live?

Today will be a typical Friday - just loving each day that the good Lord gives me. No sewing done yesterday; just too tired after I got home. If I could just finish all the projects I start in my head - wow! I wouldn't need any coffee. lol.

Big hugs, blessings, prayers for each one here. You are all what makes the MSQC forum so special.

Oh, and in case you are needing something extra, take one of these -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	647e946ffd881b3489a7bceaa1bc7fa4.jpg 
Views:	780 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	55760

SMILE!

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Friday!

Good morning!

My mother is Italian, parents off the boat Italian. She is superstitious and is a huge believer in curses and bad luck. I'm not or didn't think I was but after being flat out yelled at my whole life if I put new shoes on the table I don't do that anymore. I do tickle babies because it doesn't really make them stutter.

It is rainy here today with mostly showers coming. I am thinking of heading to the LQS because they are having a blowout sale, jelly rolls for $19.99 and more. I really shouldn't but really want to see what I can get. Then off to get a topper for my son's new mattress and quick visit to the granddaughters. Then the grocery store and home for what is hopefully a weekend of reading, sleeping and sewing.

Wishing everyone a lucky day today!
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Blondie and all those who follow. I don't like Friday the 13th days. A friend has a birthday today. She is turning 30 and has to be the most unluckiest person I know. I do so hope she has a wonderful day for a change.

I worked on the second tote yesterday, almost done. Greg & Jersey are coming for the weekend. Greg and I are making salsa. Only 4 more sleeps to go. My wish list keeps growing.

Have a great Friday everyone, even if it is the 13th.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

Here's some good news! A study published in The Journal of Alzheimer's Disease showed that consuming 3-5 cups of coffee a day prevented progression to dementia in 100% of the study participants. This study followed 124 patients who were 65 years old and over and found that of those patients who had caffeine plasma levels of 1,200 ng/mL or greater NOT ONE progressed into dementia during the 4-year study period. Whereas, with the patients with lower caffeine plasma levels, half progressed to dementia in that time period. I told you this was GOOD news!!

I have a busy day with a possible trip to Cuba at some point. Or weather has turned off really cool. I'm itching to pull out my flannel jammies and socks!

The Girls want to eat and I have to get DH out the door to work. Wishing everyone a blessed day...Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I went from posting with the Night Owls straight to Blondie's Good Morning post. In between I signed up for the Christmas Stocking group and searched the internet for a stocking pattern. Found a great one on a gal's blog page that also included recipes and I spent lots of time viewing them and saving some good ones, especially soups. We had a few days of cool weather lately and I've begun thinking of tasty hearty soups - add a salad and some good bread and dinner is done. I'm going to host the next Cousins luncheon and having 2 soups nice and hot in crock pots and some salads and sandwiches sounds like a good idea.

Lisa, Just love what you said about your Mom being superstitious, didn't know the one about tickling a baby though. While my parents weren't off the boat Italians my mother always said, "No shoes on the table" and "Never put the loaf of Italian bread top down on the table" - both would bring Bad Luck! Don't remember her ever saying anything about Friday the 13th. Since my son Pat was born on a Friday the 13th I've never associated it with Bad Luck,

My grandfather believed in curses and The Evil Eye. Next door neighbor really believed in stuff like that, she was known throughout our neighborhood as The Witch as she didn't get along with anyone and was always putting curses on people. In her back yard she had mirrors facing her neighbors (supposed to reflect Bad Luck away from her house to her neighbors), brooms (don't know the significance of this) and 2 pair of horns nailed to her fence - one facing our house and the other facing the house on her other side. Hadn't thought of any of this in many years. Our suburban neighborhoods don't have all those Old Wives Tales abounding in them.

Almost forgot, our neighborhood did have a Good Witch, she was cockeye Mollie! You would go to her if you had troubles or illness and she did stuff to turn the bad stuff away. Never did believe any of the 'Good Luck" stories but did like to go to her little grocery store as in the summer she made the best lemon ice in her old fashioned ice cream maker. Tasted just like sweet lemonade and you could buy a small cup for 2 cents, sometimes you even got a few lemon pits.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; September 13th, 2013 at 08:26 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! It's a sad/ happy day for me today. My SIL finally got his official written job offer for a new position in Atlanta. He got the truck all packed up and he and the dogs will be heading down to Atlanta today for their new home. My daughter, who has been down there for two weeks without her honey is so happy! Bella the boxer just jumped on my bed for one last snuggle. She'll be taking a little nappy thanks to some tranquil-cheese for breakfast. I just hope the trip goes smoothly for them. They all need to be back together, because it has been a long and rocky journey for them to get it all in place.

But Al the cat will have his house back, and I'll have lots of scratched floors nd doors to remmber thm by! Plus it will be a quick turn around for the guest room. Because my sister and her hubs will be here tomorrow night for a quick visit!

Last night, I was driving my sweet red convertible, pulled up behind a big SUV at a stoplight, he decided to back up because a bus was turning the corner and he thought he would get hit, and he rammed into me! Now I have a big trailer hitch size hole in my bumper. Happy day. Hate it.

Have a good Friday the 13th. I'm not superstitious, hope nothing bad happens to you all!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! Happy Friday the 13th! I'm not really superstitious but I don't like Friday the 13th because of some bad things that happened on that day in the past.

Jean, I've been watching your new You Tube tutorials. Great job, lady!

Barb, I'm glad to hear the good news about coffee. I always knew it was good to get me going and I have at least 2 BIG mugs (probably 4 cups) every morning and sometimes one during the day.

It's really chilly here! Time for the long pants and socks. I've got to watch "The View" this morning on ABC. A former coworker submitted vacation pictures of his family's summer trip to Disney World and he was notified yesterday that some of them will be shown on today's show. He's hoping they'll show pictures of his adopted son, Samuel. I already have the TV on ABC so I don't forget.

Happy Friday (13th or not)!!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, everyone. Jean, I'm so sorry about your car! I know you're not the swearing type, but if there was ever a time to swear, that was it. I guess it's not too late since you can still go out and look at that mangled bumper.

I have a doc appointment this am for a recheck on some new meds I'm taking. I suffer terribly from migraines. It's hard to function and I can't work because of it. I'm just on a new daily drug to stop them and guess what? I've only had a few this month. A huge improvement! I'm so happy about it. Now as long as it hasn't elevated my bp I can stay on it. I'm not at all superstitious but if I was I'd be asking you all to cross your fingers for me!
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all! Took today off work and planned to sleep late, didn't happen-have been up and down all night with leg cramps. Walking helped some, Gatorade seemed to help, but then woke up with the worst ones yet. Such a stupid little thing, but they sure do interrupt sleep. Guess I will go get some bananas this morning and see if that helps.

I couldn't take the construction zone that we call a home anymore, so I went to the family lake house last night - no dust, no tools, no furniture moved all over, just peace and quiet. It has been good for my soul so far. Construction is moving along--we now have cabinets and countertops, so I think we are nearing the end--it all just takes longer than anticipated.

Mom is not falling as much and I think has mostly recovered from all of her falls. We are just having to realize we are in a different mode of life and that she may not improve a bunch--just need her to be as independent and happy as she can be.

Since I am up, I may get around and go to the LQS over here--fabric shopping is good for the soul. I was too tired last night to pack any of my sewing projects and all of the tools to work on them. Someday I hope to have a sewing machine and some tools here so I don't have to pack anything other than the fabric--I love to dream anyway!

Happy Friday the 13th. I no longer consider the 13th unlucky, since my son was born on the 13th--it was a Thursday that year
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Cyndi, I feel your pain. Have had trouble with migraines for years.....no fun. I was on Topamax daily for a while and it seemed to be working, but when neurologist upped the dose.....my hair started falling out! I looked up the side effects and hair loss one among them. Told the doc that I would not continue the larger dose, because of my hair falling out. His response was "That shouldn't be the cause.....if so, you're the 2nd patient I've have in 12 yrs with that happen." Well, let me introduce you to patient #2! As soon as, I stopped that med & he put me on something else my hair stopped falling out and it came back. Doctors do not know everything....DH says that's why they call it "practicing" medicine. Hope you continue to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by cyndiofthevortex View Post
    Good morning, everyone. Jean, I'm so sorry about your car! I know you're not the swearing type, but if there was ever a time to swear, that was it. I guess it's not too late since you can still go out and look at that mangled bumper.

I have a doc appointment this am for a recheck on some new meds I'm taking. I suffer terribly from migraines. It's hard to function and I can't work because of it. I'm just on a new daily drug to stop them and guess what? I've only had a few this month. A huge improvement! I'm so happy about it. Now as long as it hasn't elevated my bp I can stay on it. I'm not at all superstitious but if I was I'd be asking you all to cross your fingers for me!