Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: rough week

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default rough week

Well you all know i live in a trailer park, and have for 16 years. Have seen the best and the worst.
    Remember me telling you about the bullies across the street. Well the adults are still there, but all 5 kids
    have disappeared. Havent seen them since school started. Boarding school(hopefully).
    Well the trailer to the east of us decided to go nuclear. Throwing drunken parties, while 15 or more kids ran up and down the street, a bb gun was also involved. Then one of them walked over to my son and called him a faggot and tried to pick a fight with him. We told the manager, and they are getting evicted. But now we have to watch them
    because they have been agressive in their actions towards us.
    O.K. on top of that, one of my sons works as a bagger at a grocery store. He was making a joke to the customer
    and the cashier, male, turned and put his hand on my sons neck and started to choke him. My husband went to the store this am, but the manager said the tape looked like everyone was having a good time and refused to do anything. same cashier that picked a fight with a mentally challenged boy. I told my son to quit, we would back him
    up until he got another job.
    I asked my husband if it seemed that we were under attack, he said yes. that is what it feels like.
    so once again i ask, is the world more angry or is it just me.
    pray for protection for my family, we sure could use it now.

thanks,
    paula
    I LOVE JESUS

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: rough week

Prayers and good thought sent to you.
    Mary

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers for your family Paula. This world is harsher since the economy has gone down hill. Also the racial tension with this Administration has gotten worse, seems that aggression is abound.

I'm glad that you've offered to back up your son to find another job, such a place isn't safe and can easily turn ugly with heavy regrets.

Huggers, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Will keep your family in my prayers. I agree with what Ruby said, but also believe it is the lack of 'parenting' that has caused such aggression in our country. Spanking your kid anymore can get you arrested. We need to go back to the values of the 50's and 60's.
    I am like a momma bear when it comes to my DD and DGK's. You mess with them, you mess with me, and that is NEVER a good thing
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I spanked my kids and had that dare you to say anything to me look on my face, and that was in the 80's. they must have thought i was a madwoman. but yeah i agree,a lot of angry energy floating around. I just get depressed and take my pills.
    Love to all
    I LOVE JESUS

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Paula... I'm so sorry for what has been happening to your family.... Praying for your protection and peace.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Paula: Prayers for you and your neighbors, be careful, God Bless.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers coming Paula.

Look at the crap that is on tv, in the movies, in books - etc. Plus the problems society has had as of late - unemployment and not enough money - families falling apart - I am not trying to make any excuses for any of these people but yes, times have changed. I say to go back to the olden days too. A swat on the behind never hurt anyone - there is a line between swat and abuse. I too, spanked my kids and not ashamed of it.

I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There are times when it feels no matter how good we are and how many good things we do that they all mean nothing. I am praying for you and your family.

The world is more prejudice now than it ever has been before. I never heard so much about black and white as I have since our current president took office. He isn't our first black president he is our first mixed race president that was raised by his white mama and her family. It is just crazy but this guy has destroyed so much for us all. Most people under 30 are really struggling to still get started in life because of the economy, anyone over 30 is struggling to hang onto what they have.

Will continue to pray for your family.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time.

I didn't realise thing were so bad over there, both financially and socially.