Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Such a heavy heart

I have not had much time for anything other than necessary this week. Got back from our mini vaccation on Monday afternoon. I am so thankful for that time as some things came out about my youngest daughter that really needed to be heard and dealt with. I am a rather old mom for a 12 and 13 yr old and have really felt at a loss with some of the things. So much hurt, so much needed forgiveness, so much healing needs to take place. My heart has just been in heavy mode most of the week.

We started school on Monday and to say it was a really rough start would be putting it very mildly. My youngest son took difficult and expounded on it. By the time we were through the morning I would have honestly put him in public school if I had felt it was an options. NOT! So we have forged on. Wed and Thursday were better, today pretty rough again but not like Tuesday.

My washer broke on the day before we were to leave for vacation. It took me all afternoon to get the last load of clothes done so I could pack. That was interesting but the more interesting thing was it was still broke when we came back. You know how it is when you leave and your house is a mess, you secretly hope someone will come in and clean it for you BUT it just simply never happens? Well, that was the washer. Borrowed our renters for one load and finally got an estimate on the fixing of the thing. WOW! It was going to be $250 min. and no guaranty that it would totally fix it. They had a new one on sale for $300, will let us pay it off in 3 monthly payment so home we came with it. The good news is I have a washer that works. Much smaller than my old one but I can deal with smaller loads as long as it cleans and it seems to be doing a good job of that.

I would really appreciate it if any of you who are prayers would join with me for my children's healing and for wisdom for myself.

I have missed being on here and sort of keeping up with you all but know I have to stay focused on my family at this time.
    Be blessed,
    Sandy

God has a plan and it is a good plan.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Such a heavy heart

Sandy, glad you got away for a bit and had time to deal with things during that time. You know we are all here for you any time you need to chat or vent. I think it is amazing all that you do for your family and I didn't even realize that you home schooled the 2 youngest. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Name:  InternetHug.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  4.7 KB

Glad that the washer was able to be replaced and took one item off of your list. I hate when appliances break - you never know if you should try the expensive fix hoping that will be it for awhile. With the cost of a new one just $50 more than the estimate with no guarantee it would work, I think you did the right thing.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy.......sorry that you are dealing with such a heavy heart right now! When it concerns our children it is always more stressful. Will be praying.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

When our children struggle we ache, one of the sorrows of being a good mother. I am grateful you had some time away and know that I am always praying for you and your family. You are a special woman with a big heart. So glad you were able to get a washer, how could function without one with a houseful of people?
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Saying a prayer - know the feeling.
    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
    Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Praying for you and your heavy heart......things will get better!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

To watch your children struggle is difficult. I'm praying that your load will be lifted and that your heavy heart will be lighter.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy, here is my prayer for you: That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power. (Ephesians 1:17 - 19) May you be strengthened in spirit, soul, and body by the joy of the Lord, may you have the peace that passes understanding, and may God's presence fill your home and surround you and your children, in Jesus' name. Amen.
    Blessings, dear one. ~ Sally \0/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Awe, you do need a hug.
    MISA
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SallyO'Sews View Post
    Sandy, here is my prayer for you: That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power. (Ephesians 1:17 - 19) May you be strengthened in spirit, soul, and body by the joy of the Lord, may you have the peace that passes understanding, and may God's presence fill your home and surround you and your children, in Jesus' name. Amen.
    Blessings, dear one. ~ Sally \0/
    Agreeing in prayer for you.

Amen.

(((HUGS)))
    Donna