Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you do in the middle of the night when you can't sleep?

Hi everyone who's awake! I am up after a few hours of good sleep. So far I've read two chapters of "The Quilter's Apprentice" by Jennifer Chiaverini. I'm in the book swap group and need to finish it so I can pass it along to the next reader. I am also plotting my next quilt. DH is going away to a Men's Retreat with our church so I have the weekend to sew. I am going to make another Shadow Box quilt in earth-toned batiks, of which I have many. I love that easy pattern. It sews up quickly and has such a nice 3-D effect.

So tell me, if any of you are up, what are you doing and what plans do you have percolating in your brains? Good quilty ones, I hope!

And finally, for your entertainment, I will tell you one of my favorite stories of my 5 year old DGS: Jon just came out eating from a bag of chips he got out of my kitchen cupboard. Hoping to get a polite response out of him, I asked him, "Jon, what should you say to me?" His answer? "I really like these!"
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do you do in the middle of the night when you can't sleep?

I just finished up #4 of 12 blocks for one of the QOV quilts I'm working on. Today, I realized that I'm one of the slowest sewers out there. I really need to step up my game if I'm going to meet my goal. I've checked on here a couple of times and also talked to my DH once on the phone since he's at work right now. That's about it for me on this night.

I will make my way to bed now, but will most likely check on here and read some threads and look at show and tell pics while trying to fall asleep.

Oh, and Cyndi...After I saw the feathers you quilted and watched the tutorial, I too, began practicing feathers. Thanks!
    MISA
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good middle of the night Cyndi - I've been up for about half an hour......just surfing the net, checking email and dropping by here check up on posts. I'm trying really hard not to get the brain "percolating".......and so far it seems to be working - LOL

I think I'm gonna head back in and try to get some more sleep before I have to get ready for work!!!! I'm still Interim Admin at our church, and while I love love love doing the Lord's work....I miss my retirement. They were interviewing applicants yesterday - so I may be retired again fairly soon.

Hope you get back to sleep soon Cyndi
    C

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No plans. I worked on Pillow Shams to match a quilt for my daughter today, and now just watching an old movie. I need to get started on my Christmas projects soon. And a fall project too.

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    No plans. I worked on Pillow Shams to match a quilt for my daughter today, and now just watching an old movie. I need to get started on my Christmas projects soon. And a fall project too.

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get!
    Me too, Kensy, me too.
    MISA
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

lol @ I really like these. Don't you just love kids. Well it's 9pm here so I'm not doing anything quilty but trying to get motivated. I need to get going on the Santa swap. One of my machines is in the kitchen, my sewing room is upstairs and it's hot. So I'm going to bring some stuff down where it's cooler. I need to bring down my embroidery machine too because that is on the list. Shh don't tell anyone

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If I cannot sleep and thoughts/Trouble turns around and around in my head, first I try to read and if it does not help I get up.
    My Problem than is, I want to be quiet and not disturb my DH sleep, so I cannot do anything noisy like sewing with the machine. Mostly than I am drawing or (please don`t laugh) ironing. I hate ironing so much, that mostly my Body decides it is better to sleep ...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love to iron. If I can't think that's what I do. lol

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I love to iron. If I can't think that's what I do. lol
    Lorie, may I invite you to a visit at my to-iron-mountain? Inbetween I am cooking a good meal, that`s what I like more

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cyndi, you still here? I am doing my usual thing this time of night - playing around on my computer.....Puzzles with Friends.....Puzzled Hearts.....and checking in here to see if I missed anything.
    I am happy to say that I got my sewing table all cleared off and cleaned up and started on a special quilt that I am doing for my Sis-in-Law! My late husbands sister - she is going through cancer treatments. I will post pics after I have given it to her. I will have to wait to do that because now the only way I have of getting my pics to my computer is by sending them to Facebook then onto my computer and she is on Facebook a little each day.
    Sleep well Cyndi...!!!!
    ~Kathy~